|Owner/Maintainer:||Holly Simon (founder)|
|Dates:||31st October 2007 - today|
|Type:||news website, community|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
XFilesNews (abbreveated as XFN) is an X-Files news website.
XFN reports, interviews and reviews the latest work of Cast & Crew of The X-Files and promotes the longevity of the legacy of The X-Files by organizing, supporting and promoting fan initiatives and charity events around the world such as the "What Would Frankenbear Do?" Campaign, X-Philes for Japan, Carterfox, among others. Currently, we spearhead the campaign for a 3rd X-Files movie alongside thousands of fan communities and hundreds of websites around the world.About taken from XFN Facebook page
XFilesNews was originally created in October 2007 as a promotion by Holly Simon after the announcement of the production of the second X-Files feature film "The X-Files - I Want To Believe" (IWTB). It became an authorized 20th Century Fox (the owner of The X-Files franchise), official news site in July 2008. Originally the site was hosted on the domain xfilesnews.com, where it suffered several attacks by hackers. After the attacks and a falling out with their webmistress, the XFN website was discontinued and moved to various social media platforms (see Links).
As of October 2017, XFN can also be access again via http://xfiles.news .
XFN was the only fan site that was allowed on the red carpet for the Los Angeles premiere of IWTB. After the release of the movie, XFN started to promote to release of the DVD and Blu-ray release of the movie.
The site features as blog section, where among other things, Frankenbear's travel could be followed.
In the community section, fanart creators ("FanArt Wednesdays"), vidders and fanfiction authors from the Philedom are featured regularly. There is also a fandom section and a selection of best tweets from X-Philes' online viewing parties.
List of XFilesNews campaigns
- Place - XFN Worldwide Fan Project (November 2008)
- Frankenbear World Wide Tour (2009)
- Carterfox (2010)
- X-Philes for Japan (2011)
- XF3 Army Believe in the Future Campaign
- Fan CULTure: Essays on Participatory Fandom in the 21st Century edited by Kristin M. Barton, Jonathan Malcolm Lampley
- Being of service: X-Files fans and social engagement by Bethan Jones
- http://xfiles.news Offical Website
- https://www.facebook.com/pg/XFilesNews/ official Facebook page
- http://xfilesnews.tumblr.com/ official tumblr account
- https://twitter.com/XFilesNews twitter account
- http://youtube.com/user/XFNProductions Youtube channel
- http://instagram.com/xfilesnews instagram account
- http://www.xfiles.news/index.php/community/best-tweets/35-about-us/828-xfn-history XFN History as of May 27th 2015)