|Type:||fan writer, vidder, zine librarian, VJ|
|Fandoms:||Star Trek, Kirk/Spock, Hannibal, Hannigram, Singin' in the Rain, Phantom of the Opera, vidding|
|Communities:||Erika's Lair, T'Lara's Cinema of Squee, K/S Forum|
|URL:||AO3, Dreamwidth blog, Vimeo, Critical Commons.|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Larissa Bernstein was mostly active in the Star Trek (especially TOS) fandom, where she published her fanworks under the pseudonym T'Lara. She wrote fiction and poetry, created vids, curated fan vid shows at conventions (KiScon 2015, KiSmet 2016, KiScon 2017, KiSmet 2018, KiScon 2019), and hosted viewing parties via livestream (T'Lara's Cinema of Squee). Kirk/Spock was her OTP. In 2019 she established Erika's Lair on Discord, a PotO community. In 2014 she took over as librarian for the K/S Library's European branch. In addition, she maintained a large private collection of British Star Trek fan zines.
In the Hannibal fandom she appeared twice on stage in Hannibal fan musical productions, in the role of Freddie Lounds (Red Dragon Con 3 in 2017, and RDC 4 in 2018). Together with Maëlibé Richardier, she founded Behind the Veil, a fan theatre company, in 2017. She is the co-author and co-producer of Hannibal: Crack, a fan musical movie scheduled to premiere in spring 2020.
Some of her vids
- The Private Life of Vulcans (together with Rhaegal): K/S, winner of the Amok Time Reloaded vid competition at KiScon 2017; also voted Best in Show at RevelCon 29, 2018.
- Homo Christmas: K/S, voted Best in Show at RevelCon 27, 2016.
- Fun with Jim and Spock (together with Pamdizzle and ivycross): K/S, a podfic vid, created in 2014; a fan classic that usually gets the final spot in T'Lara's vid shows.
Some of her fics and poetry
- Before You Slip Into Unconsciousness: a sonnet cycle; K/S; winner of a Fan Quality Award in 2013.
- Elements: a sonnet cycle; K/S; nominated for the Fan Quality Awards in 2013.
- Ex Machina: K/S, published in 2013.
- Memento Mori: a PotO story, winner of the art contest of OG's Obedient Servants on Discord, category literature, for the theme PotO PRIDE (June 2019).
- Heresy: a sonnet cycle, published in Love Crime Books' Hannibal anthology book Ravage, 2019.
Her blanket statement is as follows: You do not need to ask my permission to remix, podfic, translate, create art for or create any secondary fanwork of any fanwork I have published in zines or posted online (including my vids), as long as you treat my work respectfully, credit me by name, link back to my work, and share the link to your work with me. This blanket permission applies only to those of my fanworks of which I am the sole author; works I created in cooperation with other writers, vidders, or artists are explicitly exempt from this permission; if any of my co-authored fanworks pique your creative interest please just get in touch with me and we will work something out. Please do not post, publish or archive my fanworks anywhere or pass them off as your own; if you want to share or rec them (which will make me incredibly happy), do not copy & paste the content, but share the link to my work instead. Thank you.