|Trope · Genre|
|Related:||soul bond, dub con, Magic (trope)|
|See Also:||Magic AU|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Sex magic is a trope that involves magic that is used in a sexual capacity, often to get characters together because of a magical spell, or to fulfill the terms of a magical spell needed for some other plot point.
Sex magic as a trope occurs in fanworks for fandoms that include magic, such as fantasy ones; in Magic AUs for fandoms that do not include magic in canon; and is present in various canons. (The Anita Blake and the Merry Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton may suffer from an excess of sex magic.)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Necessary Evils by Barb Cummings features Buffy/Spike sex magic at the climax.
- Harry Potter: No Other Superstar by lettered. Harry is hit with a spell that forces him to have sex with his worst enemy, who is, surprise! Draco Malfoy. (May 2011)
- Merlin: Summer Country by seperis. A heat wave wrecks the land and only sex magic can bring on the rain.
- Merlin: So That I Might Be Where You Are by cherrybina. Accidental sex magic that results in Arthur feeling it every time when Merlin touches himself.
- Merlin: Fated series by Araminia16. In a remix of the season 4 episode "A Servant of Two Masters", Morgana compels Merlin via the Fomorrah to have sex with her. In the heat of their passion, Merlin unknowingly performs a spell that bonds her to him, complicating their relationship when she's later captured by Camelot.
- Supernatural: Five Districts, Five Drugs by rei-c. Sam/Dean, five different explorations/scenarios in which sex (preferably with Dean, naturally) helps Sam deal with debilitating aspects of his magic/psychic powers.
- Supernatural: Put Your Arms Around Me Like A Ring Around The Sun by topaz119. Sam/Dean, Sam/Dean/OFC. Dean is being drained of life. Only one thing will help....
- Did the Witches of Mayfair series by A. Rice have sex magic? (I don't remember, but imagine they must have?)