|Type:||fan writer, artist, zine ed, and conrunner|
|Fandoms:||Quantum Leap, Star Wars, Stingray, Ladyhawke, Simon and Simon, Magnum, P.I., Indiana Jones, others|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Sally was a BNF in Quantum Leap fandom, affectionately known as "Lucky Bitch" for to her many visits to the Quantum Leap set and behind-the-scenes access to the cast and crew. She help write and maintain the Quantum Leap FAQL for Usenet, which states:
Sally Smith is our own "Set Elf", otherwise known to the less fortunate of us as the "Lucky Bitch" who resides somewhere in the Bay Area of California. Through some kind of divine providence, she has been granted the blessing of frequent visits to the set of Quantum Leap where she communes with the shining lights of Leapdom and imparts her learnings unto the less fortunate of us on the net (this is where the "Lucky Bitch" comes from). This blessing comes with a price however, in the form of air fare, gasoline and phone bills that when combined, resemble the national debt. This price she pays gladly so that she may share her visits and info with us both on the net and formerly in her mailing list. Unfortunately for all of us, the frequency of her visits have been greatly reduced due to a new studio policy that restricts visits to the sets in their domain.
She was also a contributor and assistant editor/production assistant for several issues of Quantum Quarterly, started in 1990.
- The Lost Jedis #2 (1982)
- A Tremor in the Force #1 (1984)
- Robin's Nest #2 (1985)
- Rerun #3 (1985)
- Pop Stand Express #9 (1986)
- Ladyhawke #8 (1988)
- The Cannell Files #15-20 (1988-1991)
- Accelerator Accidents (1991)
- The Quantum Leap Frequently Asked Questions List at The Accelerator Chamber, last revised March 26, 1996. See also the August 1992 version posted to rec.arts.tv.uk.
- Michelle D. at rec.arts.sf.tv.quantum-leap, 18 August 1994: "I had the pleasure of meeting [Sally Smith and Joyce Hatcher] at the very first con and those two ladies worked their butts off (something they didn't have to do since it was a Creation run con)." Sally also posted a transcript of the "Creating an Episode" panel from that convention.
- QLCON93 - actual schedule of Quantum Leap Convention, posted by Joe Smith at rec.arts.tv, 18 February 1993. (Accessed 18 April 2016).