|See also:||Platonic, Gen, FiniShipper|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Noromo or No Romance was used in The X-Files fandom to describe a preference for canon reading and fan fiction writing that maintained the relationship between Mulder and Scully as platonic.
Noromo fans were often set opposite Shippers, or MSR fans. This was taken to satirical extremes by the Mulder And Scully Hate Each Other (MASHEO) movement: "Mulder and Scully Hate each other? The idea is absurd. Almost as absurd as the ideas that Mulder and Scully should, could, or want to, be involved romantically."
Noromos had their own folder on the official Fox message board (now at Prospero), after they took over the abandoned Kritschgau folder. It was a place of satirical posts, filk parodies, MASHEO Theories of Hatred and Completely Irrational Noromo Arguments. Other X-Philes hung out there - slashers, the odd forum troll or mod, and various kind of MSR shipper including intelli-shippers (shippers who considered themself a cut above the allegedly drooling masses of the MSR folder), fini-shippers (who didn't want to see a Mulder/Scully relationship until the series finale) and darkside-shippers who reckoned the Noromos were just cooler.
- The NoRoMo's Defense Guide; WebCite
- The Bee Squad Links (Wayback archive link)
- The Acacia Archive - NoRomo Fanfic Archive
- Noromo Values, includes I'm a NOROMO! (And Proud of It!) - fansite
- X-Files Wank: 1996-2000
- DOES unresolved sexual tension EXIST? (And why it matters) (1999)
- MASHEO Satirical website devoted to Mulder and Scully's Hate. Accessed 26 October 2008