Lex Luthor (Smallville)
|Name:||Alexander "Lex" Luthor|
|Occupation:||Billionaire, budding supervillain|
|Title/Rank:||CEO of LuthorCorp and/or LexCorp|
|Relationships:||son of Lionel Luthor and Lillian Luthor; grandson to Lachlan Luthor and Eliza Luthor; brother of Julian Luthor and Grant Gabriel; paternal half-brother of Tess Mercer and Lucas Luthor; partial genetic clone "son" Conner Kent; ex-husband of Lana Lang|
|Other:||Lex Luthor (Smallville Wikia)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Lex Luthor was a main character on the television show Smallville.
Perhaps because fans knew he was, ultimately, doomed, Lex was almost always seen as a woobie rather than a villain. His constant head injuries, kidnappings, and bad luck with women, combined with the verbal abuse from his father and Clark's lying and secretive nature, all served to make Lex charmingly bruised, emotionally vulnerable, and very attractive to his fans.
In fanon Lex is almost always portrayed as bisexual. He is frequently considered to have been publicly so in Metropolis before moving to Smallville and going more into the closet due to small town mentality.
Lex was sometimes portrayed as a crossdresser by slash writers and fan artists. Thanks to Michael Rosenbaum's role in the movie Sorority Boys, where his character dressed as a woman to get into a sorority, this theory got a lot of attention and Lex got a lot of new dresses.
Wishful thinking, and the fanfic to back it up, gave us the fanon that Lex and Bruce Wayne had once attended private school together and were either old friends, lovers, enemies, or some combination of all three.
In slash fic, Lex is most often paired with Clark, a juggernaut pairing. (See Clark/Lex pairing page.) Early in the show's history he was sometimes paired with Chloe Sullivan (Chlex). Luthorcest also appeared. Later he was shipped with Lana Lang (Lex/Lana), which became canon, and in the later seasons was sometimes paired with Lois Lane (Lex/Lois), Oliver Queen (Lex/Oliver) and Tess Mercer (Lex/Tess).
Lex Luthor manip by digitalwave.
- This world… is crushing me by Aelora, character essay at idol_reflection (Oct 2004)
- Friendship of Legend by serafina20, Clark/Lex essay at ship_manifesto (Sep 2004)
- Verbal Judo by lexcorp_hope, Lex/Chloe essay at ship_manifesto (Sep 2004)
- Parallel/Paradox by Lexalot, Bruce/Lex essay at ship_manifesto (Sep 2004)
- O Captain, My Captain by kelex, Lex/Lionel essay at ship_manifesto (Sep 2004)
- The Battle of Troy by sarea_okelani and jade_okelani, Lex/Lana essay at ship_manifesto (Feb 2005)
Archives and Fannish Links
- absolut_lex: where it's all about Lex
- lex_minions: discussion, Lex-meta, fic
- LexSlash: another Lex-centric comm