Charles Xavier/Erik Lehnsherr
|Pairing:||Charles Xavier/Erik Lensherr|
|Alternative name(s):||Professor X/Magneto, Cherik,|
|Fandom:||X-Men, X-Men Movieverse, X-Men: First Class|
|Prevalence:||fairly minor prior to First Class; now enormous.|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Professor Charles Francis Xavier, also known as Professor X, is a powerful telepath and the founder of the superhero group the X-Men. He first appeared in the X-Men comics and has subsequently appeared in the various adaptations and spin-offs: X-Men: The Animated Series, the first three X-Men movies, the Ultimate X-Men comics, the cartoons X-Men: Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men, and the 2011 prequel film X-Men: First Class.
Erik Magnus Lehnsherr, also known as Magneto, has powers related to metal and magnetism. He was once Xavier's close friend but has generally been his archenemy in canon. Generally. Off and on. Mostly on.
A fairly minor pairing in the comics fandom, though with some passionate advocates, it exploded after the release of X-Men First Class.
Wolverine and the X-Men
General consensus (even outside the fandom) is that the film is really nothing more or less than a romantic tragedy. Meta and primers have been written regarding the two characters' textual and subtextual relationship, as well as more fanfiction than you could read in a lifetime. Tumblr has also been busy.
Common Tropes & Themes
- The Winter of Banked Fires by Yahtzee. A fix-it fic for X3.
- An Earlier Heaven by Regann. Canon-compliant mpreg.
- A Curious Carriage of Crystal and Cold by Etharei (XMFC & XM Movie-verse, 2011). AU science-fiction novel.
- X Marks the Spot by thehoyden (XMFC, 2011). AU fusion with Indiana Jones set in 1962.
- Anarchy in the UK by Yahtzee, Modern Non-Powered AU, a chance meeting in Kenya brings these two opposites together and sets in motion a love affair that will challenge the British monarchy -- and force them both to change forever.
- The Better Man by TurtleTotem, crossover with Harry Potter.
- Paper Monsters by Clocks. "Charles meets Erik Lehnsherr, his favorite novelist of all time at a coffee shop, but doesn't know it's him, and Erik just criticizes his own writing in front of his biggest fan."
- The stars incline us, they do not bind us by ikeracity and Pangea - Space AU
- Do You Love Me
Archives and Communities
- Old Friends on LJ. All canons.
- Erik-Charles on LJ. X-Men: First Class
- CXE First Class on LJ. X-Men: First Class.
- Erik Lensherr/Charles Xavier tag at AO3
- XMMF Magneto/Xavier tag at X-Men Movie Fic.
- Charles/Erik search at DeviantArt, mostly XMFC.