Bucky Barnes/Darcy Lewis/Steve Rogers
|Moresome · Ship · Pairing|
|Relationship:||Bucky Barnes/Darcy Lewis/Steve Rogers|
|Gender category:||Threesome, M/F/M|
|Fandom:||Thor Movieverse/Captain America Movieverse, The Avengers Movieverse (Marvel Cinematic Universe)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
While Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers have known each other for several years, they have yet to actually meet Darcy Lewis.
Overall the Bucky/Darcy/Steve is one of the rarer threesomes shipped in MCU fandom as a romantic relationship, usually it's a part of Darcy/Steve, Bucky/Steve or Darcy/Bucky fanworks, other times it's part of an ongoing multi-pairing oneshots series. The threesome pairing sometimes appeared prior to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, however it wasn't until the film was released that the threesome's interest and fanworks started increasing.
Many fans of the pairing refer to it as their "OT3".Now they're fairly popular as a three-way romantic relationship.
Common Tropes and Fanon
- Darcy and Steve helping Bucky post-Winter Soldier - dealing with PTSD, depression, panic attacks, guilt, etc.
- Steve and Bucky rescuing Darcy, usually from Hydra.
- Steve, Bucky, and Darcy moving into the same apartment in the Avengers Tower
- Domestic focused works - living together, pregnancy, marriage, kidfic, etc.
- Steve and Bucky training Darcy, or getting the other Avengers to help out
- Alternate Universes:
- Time Travel in which Darcy (usually accidentally) travels back in time, otherwise AUs where Darcy was always in the 30s/40s with Steve and Bucky, or Modern AUs.
- Neighbors AU such as actual neighbors or roommates (this was before it was common in fanworks to have everyone living at the Avengers Tower)
- Big Babies by katiedid,Rated Teen Nothing good happens in Stark Industries Labs on a Saturday after 6:00 P.M. Darcy, Bucky and Steve know that now.
- From A to Z by BirdofFire, Oh, and throw in a Tower full of mutants, two mischievous assassins, a few geniuses, an occasionally homesick god and a tribe of errant Roombas, and you have a fitting background to a tale of Bucky, Darcy and Steve's journey, from their first meeting to their first time to their first date and more (and yes, those are in the correct order)...
- A Price Above Rubies by Valeris, A girl had only one thing of true value-- her virtue. Once you’d lost your virtue, though-- well, no one told you what happened then. If anyone had, Darcy would have disposed of it a long time ago. [Historical AU]
- Irreverance Is My Superpower by Silent_journey, Darcy Lewis did not have superpowers. Not unless you counted speed texting, inappropriate commentary, or the ability to find the best iced mocha in town. Unfortunately none of those did you a lot of good during an alien incursion. Now she's in Stark Tower with some of the strongest, bravest, and smartest people on the planet. What happens when she starts to become far too attached to more than one of those same people? (PTSD/Panic Attacks/Depression, Kidnapping)
- Ice and Fire by SteeleHoltingOn, Girl Meets Boy; Boy Meets Girl. They fall in love. Then it gets complicated. "Where does that leave you?" Tony asked. "Odd man out, I think," said Darcy. (also includes: Thor/Jane, Pepper/Tony, Natasha/Clint. Darcy is Tony Stark's Daughter)WIP
- All I ever wanted to be, was somebody to you by those_who_run_with_wolves, In a world where your soulmate identified themselves by saying the same words inscribed on your skin, Darcy had always thought that a person's words would set the tone for their future. Those with sensible, normal words would end up with normal happy lives. With words like her's... "I've been looking for you forever." It was supposed to be dramatic and romantic? Right? (Soulmates AU, Angst with a Happy Ending)
- to find the happiness I seek by amusewithaview, Mature, Darcy had heard all the warnings about going off with strange Alphas. Unfortunately, those warnings never really covered "strange Alphas who save you from Hydra bases." (Alpha/Beta/Omega)
- Put Love On Hold by blue_sweater, Darcy is an omega who has been on suppressants for years, and doesn't know the first thing about her own biology. When she makes it out of a hostage situation in one piece thanks to a certain supersoldier (or two), a series of events has set into motion that she thought would send her running for the hills. But maybe this time she won't run away.' (Alpha/Beta/Omega)
- Some Nights by Jadzia_Bear, Rated Explicit, When two of Darcy's closest friends fall in love she does everything she can to get them together. By the time she realizes she has feelings of her own, things have already gone too far.
- Sweetest, Mightiest series by Rainne, Rated Explicit, Alpha/Beta/Omega - Alpha!Steve, Beta!Bucky, and Omega!Darcy.
- My Skin Trembles & sequel One Heart, One Soul, One Flesh by secondalto, Rated Explicit, part of Written in Flesh and Blood series. Steve wakes up and the world has changed. So has he. (Soulmates AU)
- Seeing Double by aureliaastralis, Darcy didn’t normally make it a habit to maintain internet relationships past the superficial common interests and occasional fangirling. (Fake Identity AU)
- The Life I Live by nobutsiriuslywhat, Join Darcy as she goes about her life with some of the most dangerous people on the planet. Her friends. All while trying to not be awkward around two people she most definitely wants to climb like a tree. No wonder she has an anxiety problem. Oh boy. Take a deep breath. (Body dysmorphic disorder)
- Darcy/Bucky/Steve, Archived version picspam by typhoidmeri
- bucky/darcy/steve rock band au, Archived version by the-yellow-ranger
- OT3 Titanic AU
- Crazy in love
- Unconditional Steve dies after the civil war battle. Bucky tries to move on with his life after his best friend's death. Darcy is consumed with grief. Tony feels guilty. (also includes Clint/Natasha/Bruce)
Archives and Fannish Links
- Bucky/Darcy/Steve tagged works on AO3.
- Darcy/Bucky/Steve fics on FFN (Thor category).
- Tumblr tags: WinterShieldShock, Darcy x Bucky x Steve, Bucky x Darcy x Steve, Bucky x Steve x Darcy, Darcy x Steve x Bucky, Steve x Bucky x Darcy, Steve x Darcy x Bucky