Bucky Barnes/Darcy Lewis
|Pairing:||Bucky Barnes/Darcy Lewis|
|Alternative name(s):||Wintershock, Ducky|
|Gender category:||Het, M/F|
|Fandom:||Thor Movieverse/Captain America Movieverse (Marvel Cinematic Universe)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Although in canon the two characters have not (yet) met, it didn't stop Darcyland from writing about the possibility of them meeting and falling in love. The popularity for the pairing increased soon after Captain America: The Winter Soldier, although it had appeared before that.
"I don’t know how it happened. I don’t know when it happened. I don’t even know how this came to be since these two characters have never met in MCU but I’m shipping Darcy and Bucky hella hard. And for some reason it just fucking makes sense?"
Common Tropes and Themes
- First Meetings
- Recovering!Bucky from the brainwashing Hydra put him through under the Winter Soldier, Darcy is often there for the process or the aftermath
- Hydra is usually an element in more of the angst-action orientated works; either Bucky is still under their rule, or Darcy is kidnapped
- Darcy teaching Bucky about modern/pop culture, although he's often shown knowing more than Steve Rogers.
- Alternate Universes, some of the more popular ones include:
- Threesome with Steve are fairly popular since CA:TWS.
- That Which You Seek by Wynn, A few days after Bucky discovers his true identity, Darcy encounters him in a diner 50 miles outside of D.C. having apparently transformed from a handsome long-dead war hero into a creepy, scruffy, pancake-hating serial killer. So of course she tries to help him.
- saving (breaking) you by amusewithaview, When he walked away from her, she never expected to see him again. Let alone on her television. Saving the world. Life's funny like that. (Soulmate AU)
- I once started out to walk around the world but ended up in Brooklyn by suzukiblu, “Who the hell is the Winter Soldier?” Darcy asks doubtfully, cocking her head. (Humor/Crack)
- Quiname and Solo series by whitesilence, Darcy helps Bucky find things to do with his cybernetic arm that don't involve killing. Not that he asks her to.
- Bathroom Sessions by literallynoidea, Things are going pretty okay for Darcy. Until Steve finally brings Bucky home, and she figures out that they actually have something in common: Their complicated relationship with food.
- so you think you can tell (heaven from hell) by sarcastic_fina, As far as happy stories go, this was that. The beginning, the middle, they were the happiest times either of them ever knew. It’s the endings that are sad, and every story has one. Some are just sadder than others.
- and I wonder (if everything could ever feel this real forever) by Tarafina, Steve tells him that Darcy's harmless. Bucky imagines, on paper, Darcy is harmless. HYDRA wouldn't give her a second glance. But he does. He can barely keep his eyes off her. He's not sure he wants to.
- in the blue dark by Polexia_Aphrodite, "Even in the darkness, she can see him fold in on himself. Just for a moment, she wonders if he's lonely; she wonders if it's hard having Steve as his only friend." Fury sends Darcy out with Bucky as mission support. They find out they have more in common than they thought.
- The Misadventures of the Lion and the Lamb series by itslivibitch, Rated T, The one where Darcy isn't sure if SHE has Stockholm Syndrome, or if Bucky does; and it's just been a really weird few months, okay?
- l’appel du vide by leidoscope, A collection of Darcy x Bucky one-shots, drabbles, and prompt fills.
- Best Supporting Soulmate by Valeris, There were thousands of studies about what a person’s soul marks did to their psychological development. Darcy generally thought that they were bullshit. (Soulmates AU, crossover with F4, also includes Bucky/Steve, Steve/Tony, Tony/Pepper, Pepper/Happy, Jane/Thor, Jane & Darcy, Rhodey/Sue, Sam/Johnny, Clint/Natasha, Clint & Kate)
- Worthy by CinnaAtHeart, Five times Darcy and Bucky meet, and the one time Bucky actually manages to speak to her. (Soulmates AU)
- Three Weeks, Ten States, and One Million Reasons to Fall for You by leftennant When Darcy considers all the things she never planned to do, going on a ten state road trip with the Winter Soldier ranks right up there with jumping off the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier sans parachute. Falling for said Winter Soldier somewhere between New York and New Orleans? Never. Gonna. Happen. Probably, at least. I mean, he is pretty damn sexy when he's not glaring at her. Whatever. She's only in it for the taser batons. Part of the Road Trip of Champions verse.
- A Mask of My Disguise by amidtheflowers He didn't think much of her at first. She drank bubble tea every day for Christ's sake. But he won't make that mistake again--not when her taser stares down his nose. ("I really hope you didn't think I couldn't handle myself.")
- Darcy and Bucky by CynicCola
- Bucky/Darcy, Archived version by leidoscope
- Bucky/Darcy, Archived version by leidoscope
- Wintershock by purpleh00die
- Darcy x Bucky, Archived version by street of mercy
Archives & Fannish Links
- Bucky/Darcy tag on AO3.
- Darcy/Bucky fanfiction on FFN (Captain America/Thor crossovers)
- Bucky/Darcy tag at avengers_2k livejournal community.
- Tumblr tags: wintershock, darcy x bucky, bucky x darcy
- MCU Wintershock