|Pairing:||Ryan Ross/Brendon Urie|
|Fandom:||Panic! at the Disco, Bandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Brendon/Ryan, also known as Ryden, is a popular Bandom slash ship, pairing lead singer Brendon Urie with lead guitarist and lyricist Ryan Ross of the band Panic! at the Disco. It was the most popular Panic ship until the band split in 2009.
The ship experienced a revival in 2016, after the release of The Death of a Bachelor, an album which fans perceived to have many references to the existence of Brendon's past relationship with Ryan and to Ryden lore.
Songs notable to Ryden lore are: Northern Downpour, When The Day Met The Night, and others. It is believe that the unidentified romantic pairs in these songs are Brendon and Ryan.
Ryden tinhats, who believe that the relationship was real, believe that the two dated while in the band, that the album Pretty. Odd. was written about their romance, and that they broke up around the time of the 2009 split and have been estranged since. Ryden lore is extensive and consists of much tinhatting and conspiracy theories. Notable conspiracies are the Myrtle Beach theory, the Sun and Moon theory, and the Northern Downpour theory.
- Myrtle Beach: This theory is based on analysis of Ryan's LiveJournal posts and other sources. In 2006, after a performance, the band and the crew went to Myrtle Beach to swim at night. Shortly after, Ryan wrote a poetic LJ post about the ocean and being in love but not saying it. Ryden tinhats posit that this post is about Brendon.
- Northern Downpour: Based of the lyrics of Northern Downpour: "I missed your skin when you were east, / You clicked your heels and wished for me." The theory is that these lyrics are about Ryan's 21st birthday in 2007. Photograph evidence has been compiled that shows that Ryan was at a his birthday party in New York City (east coast), then left after the party for Seattle, where Brendon was, and they were spotted together the next day.
- Sun and Moon: Based on recurring mentions of the sun and the moon in the band's lyrics, particularly on Pretty. Odd. The theory posits that the sun and moon represent Brendon and Ryan, respectively. Thus any song that mentions the sun or the moon is thought to be a reference to their relationship - this includes post-split Panic songs, Ryan's solo songs, Jon Walker's solo songs, etc.
Since The Divorce, many Ryden tinhats continued to carefully track any possible interactions between the two. An incident when the two crossed paths at a Halloween party and other times they have mentioned each other have become part of the lore.
The fourth wall in Panic and Ryden fandom has been thoroughly shattered. Years post-split, Brendon and Ryan still get many comments on social media about Ryden, speculating about their relationship. Brendon Urie even addressed the Ryden rumors when he came out as pansexual in 2018. He acknowledged that the fact that he kissed Ryan onstage contributed to the belief in Ryden, maintaining that they did not have a romantic relationship, but said that he doesn't mind that people don't believe him when he says so.
- Forever, Now series by harriet_vane, featuring several pairings (2007-2008)
- The Heart Rate of a Mouse by arctic_grey (2009-2011)
- Back To The Place by behindthec and RedOrchid
- In Case the Scene Gets Nasty by Zarah5
- Just One of the Girls by SkoosiePants
- As Close as it Gets to Home by AirgiodSLV
- Here Comes the Sun: a Brendon Urie/Ryan Ross Manifesto by lexicon in bandom_ships (July 2008)
- Ryan and Brendon: The Story of their Epic Love [Manifesto] by whisperdlullaby (January 2010)
- RYDEN MANIFESTO~ by onewhoneveryawns (c. 2012)
- RYDEN FULL STORY by northerndownpour-vevo (c. 2015)
- [https://taetaeandkookies.tumblr.com/post/150969682659/comprehensive-list-of-ryden-songs Comprehensive List of Ryden Songs ] Sep 26, 2016
- https://reiventbeebo.tumblr.com/rydenconspiracies at reinventbeebo
- another fucking ryden masterpost
- ryden theories