|Also Known As:||Bden|
|Occupation:||Musician (Frontman, lead vocalist, guitarist and keyboardist of Panic! at the Disco), internet celebrity|
|Works:||Panic at the Disco discography|
|Official Website(s):|| Official PatD site|
|On Fanlore:||Related pages|
Brendon Urie (born 1987) is most famous for being the lead singer of core Bandom band Panic! at the Disco. He was raised Mormon and plays multiple instruments (piano, guitar, cello, accordion, bass guitar). He was invited to join the band by founding members Ryan Ross, Spencer Smith and Brent Wilson, leading to them being signed to Pete Wentz's Decaydance label. This caused him to have to move out from his family's home. Brendon is now married to Sarah Urie.
He is the only original member still currently touring with the band. See Wikipedia page for more detail.
Brendon came out as pansexual in 2018.
- Ryden (Ryan Ross/Brendon Urie): 2289 uses
- Brendon/Spencer: 1039 uses
- Brendon Urie/Dallon Weekes: 477 uses
- Brendon/Sarah: 196 uses (often as a side pairing)
- Brendon/Jon Walker: 160 uses
- Panic 2.0 GSF (Brendon/Spencer/Jon/Ryan): 127 uses
Fanon Themes and Tropes
- High school AUs, often focusing on the time Brendon was "kicked out" by his parents,
- Related: h/c in general, whether bullying or injury,
- Religious themes due to his relationship to the Mormon faith,
- Brendon is often depicted as being energetic/hyperactive, especially due to his canonical ADHD
- Angst/conflict related to his parents disowning him, either for being gay or renouncing his faith, after an offhand comment Brendon made about his parents 'kicking him out' when he decided he wanted to do music instead of going to college, from an interview in 2007. He later clarified that he was exaggerating.
During Panic's (2013?) break, Brendon became famous on social video site Vine, leading to many astonished tweets about "Brendon from Vine" forming a band when the band released a new single in 2013. The phrase has become an in-joke for the fandom.
Brendon's forehead is supposedly extra large and has become a meme. It is not clear when this meme arose, though the "brendon urie's forehead" tumblr tag dates to April 9, 2015.
- happy belated birthday to our lord and saviour Breadbin Urie, Archived version animated fanart by noodlenavi (April 12, 2018)
- enjoy your stay, Archived version, fancomic about bandom referencing "a forehead cult" by caffeine-phoenix (December 18, 2017)
- reposted image by @spooky.jim.stump, Archived version also references the running jokes about short bandom band members. (10 March 2017)
- In Case the Scene Gets Nasty (Brendon/Ryan) by softlyforgotten and zarah5, an epic HS AU featuring kicked-out!Brendon.
- Tell Me to Stop (Brendon/Spencer) by airgiodSLV and [two podfics] by klb and crazybutsound respectively.
- Rugby Verse (Brendon/Spencer) by sunsetmog, a high school AU + two podfics: by jenepod and another by knight_tracer.
- A Song to Bring You Home (Brendon/Jon) by halflinen, an amnesia AU.
- God only knows aka the "Boywives verse" (Panic GSF) by just-katarin, a Big Love AU.
- Panic primer by cyclogenesis (Aug 22, 2006)
- Ryan/Brendon manifesto by lexicon on bandom-ships (July 16, 2008)
- Brendon/Shane primer by disarm-d (Sept 24, 2008)