|Name:||Toshinori Yagi, All Might|
|Occupation:||Pro Hero, U.A. High School Teacher|
|Relationships:||Class 1-A (Students), Sir Nighteye (Former Sidekick), Nana Shimura (Mentor), David Shield, Gran Torino, Naomasa Tsukauchi|
|Fandom:||Boku no Hero Academia|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Toshinori Yagi, also known as the hero All Might, is a main character of the shounen manga and anime series Boku no Hero Academia by Kōhei Horikoshi. He is the mentor of Midoriya Izuku, the protagonist of the series.
Toshinori was born Quirkless, but inherited One for All and became the #1 Hero. He studied abroad in America.
All Might suffered a gruesome injury at the hands of All For One that limited his maximum power output going forward. Even after his Quirk's power was constrained by his injuries, All Might's strength and speed were unmatched though he was only able to manifest it for a limited time period. This time limit got shorter and shorter after he passed his Quirk on to Midoriya Izuku.
All Might's hero persona appears to be derived from comic book superhero stereotypes: colorful and filled with dramatic flair. He shows a bright, borderline obnoxious, can-do attitude that is said to inspire others as well as help them feel safe and hopeful. When All Might reverts to his true form, however, he becomes less energetic in direct contrast to the grandiosity of his hero identity. He is physically far thinner, his face looks sunken, and he frequently vomits blood due to his fragile health. Two personality traits that seem to be always present on him regardless of which form All Might is currently taking are his optimism and oafishness.
One For All : Inherited from Nana Shimura, All Might's Quirk gave him access to nearly unlimited, stockpiled power. By channeling this power through his body, All Might had superhuman strength, speed, agility as well as invulnerability. All Might was so proficient with One For All that he was widely known as the world's most powerful person.
His "super moves" are all named after states and cities in the Unites States, such as Texas Smash, Detroit Smash, Oklahoma Smash, and United States of Smash.
Fanon & Headcanons
A popular idea in fanon is that Yagi, in his de-powered form, poses as the hero All Might's secretary or employee. This is based on the canon fact that Yagi keeps his de-powered civilian identity separate and secret from his hero persona. Fandom imagines that Yagi uses this job to explain why he is frequently near All Might and involved in the hero's business. In fanfiction, this often involves tropes such as identity porn, miscommunication, or such shenanigans. This fanon is often explored in pre-canon works, before All Might begins working as a teacher and when his time spent in his hero form is less limited.
Much of All Might's design takes inspiration from Western superheroes, and his fight moves take their names from places in the USA. It is known that in canon he studied abroad in the USA. Fan opinion and headcanon differs on whether he is American rather than Japanese, of American/European descent, or simply influenced by Western culture.
A popular trope is Parental!All Might or DadMight, portraying All Might as a positive father/mentor figure for Midoriya, who has an absent father in canon. This is also sometimes expanded to other students or Class 1-A as a whole.
All Might Bashing has a sizable presence. This is especially focused on his initial rejection of Midoriya Izuku's heroic dreams, sometimes expanding his reasons for rejecting Midoriya's ambitions to a broader prejudice or internalized quirkism. Another common target for bashing is his teaching ability in early canon. These portrayals are often AUs in which Midoriya remains quirkless. The trope is sometimes seen in certain villain!Deku and vigilante!Deku works.
- Aizawa Shouta/Yagi aka EraserMight
- Midoriya Inko/Toshinori Yagi aka Toshinko
- Toshinori Yagi/David Shield
- Toshinori Yagi/Tsukauchi Naomasa
- Toshinori Yagi & Midoriya Izuku
- Yagi & Class 1-A
- Aphelion by ForgedObsidian - DadMight/Parental!All Might, AU, Whump, completed in 2019
- Mr. Yagi by AoiMikans and Swiftwidget - gen, oneshot AU, light identity porn, All Might posing as his own secretary, posted in 2017
- Regrets™: Yagi Toshinori Rendition by Hayato (TheLennyBunny) - Yagi Toshinori/Midoriya Inko/Midoriya Hizashi,canon divergence, animal transformation, hurt/comfort, completed in 2019
- The View from Mount Nebo by Seiberwing pre-canon, angst, introspection, completed in 2019
- Father's Day by Fallende DadMight/Parental!All Might, gen, canon compliant, fluff, completed in 2016
- オールマイト生誕祭2018 by 者委任具ハチナナ - posted in 2018
- post-retirement yagi has the vibes of tony hawk’s tweets by hexagonsgalore - posted in 2022
- BNHA - All Might Doodle - (SPEEDPAINT!) by ABD-illustrates - posted in 2017
- actually the scene where all might reveals that he's quirkless to izuku is... by the-storming-sea - posted in 2021
- this is just me screaming my thoughts into the void but... by pyroxeene - posted in 2022
- with the new leaks i've been seeing a lot of "all might is gonna die" stuff floating around and... by loveipromiseimnotinsane - posted in 2022
- All Might Tribute AMV - What's Up Danger by Yusan Rai - posted in 2021
- All Might (edit) by MaverickEdits - posted in 2020
- (MAD) ヒロアカ オールマイト 白日 by 無個性のエキア - posted in 2021
- (ヒロアカ) 聞/こ/え/ま/す/か/ (手描き) by おしぼり。 - posted in 2018
- It's class trip time by mish.axel - posted in 2022
- This is just a makeup test for my All Might cosplay by simons.aliens - posted 2017
- Rule 63 All Might Cosplay Boku no Hero Academia by khainsaw - genderswap cosplay, posted in 2019
- Toshinori Yagi at the My Hero Academia Wiki