|Name:||Zeus (Jupiter in Roman Mythology)|
|Occupation:||god, Lord of Sky|
|Title/Rank:||God of the Honor, Justice and Lightning, King of the Olympus|
|Relationships:|| Cronus (father) |
Hestia, Demeter, Hades, Poseidon (siblings)
Hera (sister and wife)
Maia, Leto, Semele, Danae, Metis, Alcmene (ex-lovers)
Ares, Hephaestus, Hermes, Apollo, Perseus, Heracles, Polydeuces, Pollux, Dionysus (sons)
Athena, Aphrodite, Artemis, Hebe, Persephone, Eileithyia, Muses, Horae, Moirae, Charites (daughters)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Zeus is king of the gods and god of sky and thunder in Greek Mythology.
Greek Mythology Fandom
Zeus is frequently considered or depicted as a villain. He is denigrated especially for his rape of multiple women in the myths.
Of his many canonical lovers, Zeus is commonly shipped with Hera, his wife and sister, and occasionally Demeter, another of his sisters and mother of his daughter Persephone. In slash, he is commonly shipped with Ganymede or Hades.
Zeus in Other Fandoms
Incarnations of Zeus have appeared in various media with distinct fandoms.
TV & Film
- In the Xenaverse, (Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Xena: Warrior Princess, and Young Hercules) Zeus appears as the father of Hercules and king of the Olympian gods. His character is mostly consistent with that of the mythological figure.
- Main article: Zeus (HtLJ & XWP)
- In Disney's 1997 animated film Hercules, Zeus is portrayed as a loving father, distraught by the kidnap of his son, and a mentor and guide to Hercules on his journey to becoming and hero and his quest to regain his godhood and return to Olympus. The Disney story expurgates the adulterous aspects of the original myth: Hercules is depicted as the child of Zeus and his wife Hera, and Zeus's brother Hades is made the antagonist instead of Hera.
- Main article: Zeus (Disney's Hercules)
- In Marvel Comics, Zeus appears as a member of the "extra-dimensional" race of Olympians, who were worshiped as gods by ancient Greece and Rome (much as Marvel's Thor and the other Asgardians were worshiped as Norse gods).
- Main article: Zeus (Marvel)
- Zeus appears as a character in the DC Comics universe, primarily in Wonder Woman titles. In addition to his mythological children, he is also the father of Cassie Sandsmark (Wonder Girl), and with the New 52 relaunch of Wonder Woman, was also made Diana's father.
- Main article: Zeus (DC Comics)
- Zeus appears as a side character in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series. In addition to his mythological children, he is also the father of Thalia Grace, and, as his Roman counterpart Jupiter, Jason Grace.
- Main article: Zeus (PJ&TO)
- In The Goddess Test, Zeus is known as "Walter" and is the head of the Council, which can bestow immortality on those it judges worthy. He is the father of the protagonist Kate Winters, who undergoes the Council's tests to save her dying mother Demeter ("Diana").
- Main article: Zeus (Goddess Test)
- In the Dark-Hunter series, Zues appears as king of the Athenian gods, who banished the Apollites from Greece and cursed the Dream-Hunters.
- Main article: Zeus (Dark-Hunter)
- Zeus (No Fandom metatag) & Ζευς | Zeus (Hellenistic Religion & Lore) at AO3
- Zeus (Greek Mythology) at FanFiction.Net
- Zeus at the Greek Mythology Wiki
- Zeus (mythology) at Villains Wiki