Therin of Andor
|Name:||Therin of Andor|
|Fandom:||Star Trek: TOS, Star Trek: TNG|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Therin is an Andorian featured in numerous fan stories, articles, masquerades, debates, movie premieres and Harpic Productions' fan films and con skits, alterego played by Ian McLean since 1980. Therin hosted two award-winning Australian fan films by Harpic Productions: Sale of the 23rd Century (1985) and Perfect Botch (1986). He has been tuckerized in several licensed Star Trek novels (as Shantherin th'Clane Veldaclien ch'Gorin, Shantherin th'Talias, Therin Park New Therin Park, and the warship, Therin.
Therin Park (2004) and New Therin Park (2011) were both referenced in numerous licensed Star Trek novels.
Therin's appearances in fanfic include:
- Hookwinked in Beyond Antares #18/19, 1982 ("Second Place, Long Story" in the Astrex Literary Awards)
- Penumbra and Jinx Ship (unpublished sequels to Hoodwinked)
- Adventures on a Silly Planet by Carol Bott in Enchiridion 1, 1984
- The Last Talosian in Beyond Antares and Katra #8, 1986 ("Encouragement Award, Novella" in the Astrex Literary Awards)
- A Talosian Football Game, comedy vignette in Data, 1986
- Captain Therin's Moment of Terror, comedy vignette in Data #75, 1986, and The Andor Files, 1998
- The Steep and Thorny Way, Part 1 (pre-TNG Data story) in Kiron III, 1989
- The Steep and Thorny Way, Part 2 in Sons of Kiron III, 1991
- The Back of the Back of Beyond (Peggy Bright Books) by Edwina Harvey, 2013.
Appearances in Harpic Productions' live game show parodies include:
From March 2022, Therin of Andor and his USS Hood colleague, Grol of Tellar, made cameo appearances (as set dressing photographs in Guinan's 10 Forward Avenue bar) in the second season Star Trek: Picard.
Ian McLean cameos as both Therin of Andor and Grol of Tellar (Star Trek: Picard).
The Andor Files
Includes A Summary of the Physiological Roots of Andorian Culture by Leslie Fish, an enumeration of Andorian appearances in all the Trek series and the DS9 Relaunch novels, and some information about Therin himself.
Therin of Andor, captain of the USS Hood, welcomes you to his people's blue sector of cyberspace.
The Andor Files, including the following:
- A Summary of the Physiological Roots of Andorian Culture by Leslie Fish
- A Rogues' Gallery of Andorians
- Races of the United Federation of Planets (with sources)
- The Lower Decks: a novel approach (appearances of lower decks characters in TOS and novels)
- Toon Trek (References to Filmation's Star Trek: The Animated Series in latter day Star Trek tie-ins)
Commander Therin as portrayed by Ian McLean, a Star Trek fan from Australia, 1980
Captain Therin, made from cannibalized action figures, 1996
Senator Therin of the Andorian Planetary Council, Starship Exeter: The Savage Empire, 2002