You may be looking for Southern Lights.
|External Links:||Ashton Press|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Southern Knights 1 was published in 1985 and has 139 pages.
- No Way to Treat a Lady by Carole Regine
- Careless Whisper by Lynda Vandiver
- Waiting for Solo by Danaline Bryant
- Beginnings by Jeanine Hennig (also in Catalyst! Collected)
- All the Sweet Things by L.A. Carr: Luke thought he’d discovered Leia’s secret desire, but the truth is often painful.
- The Gift by Susan Hall: It’s the Skywalker twins’ birthday and there’s more than one surprise in store for Luke.
- Story of an Unsung Rebel by Sharane McCurry: Biggs’ adventures with the Alliance before the battle over Yavin.
- Endless Night by Joan Shumsky
- Reawakening by Carolyn Golledge: Leia knew that Han loved her—but could his love for her outlast his desire to be free?
- Where the Raven Flies by Linda Knights
- Nighttalk by L. A. Carr
- The Seeds of Revenge by Cheree Cargill
- Requiem by Danaline Bryant
- Command Performance by Liz S.: Han, Luke and Leia take on the criminal underworld in this post-Jedi tale.
- Frisento by L. A. Carr
- art by Laura Virgil, Danaline, Pat Easley, Mary Ann Dean, Nancy Stasulis, Dani Lane, Suzy Sansom, Jenni, Schall, Cheree Cargill, Diane McAuliffe, SMAP, and Leah Rosenthal
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 1
[Command Performance]: If you want to read a story that doesn't have Han and Leia settling down to a quiet life after the war, [Liz S.] has as story called "Command Performance" that has Han and Leia living an adventurous life as the secret heads of "The Department," flying off in the Falcon to fight crime in the galaxy. It's a wonderful story with GREAT characterizations of Han, Luke and Leia. 
Southern Knights 2. Originally published in May 1986 and contains 214 pages of reduced print.
There were 200 copies printed. It has a front cover by Laura Virgil and a back cover by Mark Fisher. The other art is by Dani Lane, SMAP, Danalise Bryant, Katrina Snyder, Beverly Hale, Judith Low, Ronda Henderson, Mary Ann Dean and Jim Markle.
- Letters of Comment (2)
- Southern Knights by Ronda Henderson (14)
- The Prize Match of this Century by Barbara T (16)
- Gray Zone by Carole Regine 19)
- Letters of a Corellian by Marci Erwin (23)
- A Prior Engagement by Marcia Brin (24)
- Memories by Linda Knights (Han was betrayed by a partner once too often and vowed he’d never trust anyone again. Could anything or anyone possibly change his mind…?) (29)
- Tattoine Trilogy by Jacqueline Taero (41)
- In Loco Parentis by Jean Shumsky (42)
- Turning Point by Katrina Snyder (44)
- The Third Man by Katrina Snyder (Han Solo wasn’t exactly sure what to do with himself now that his good “friend” Tristan Glass has caused him to get booted out of the Academy. Luckily, the decision is taken out of his hands when he meets up with some very special spacers.) (50)
- Luke's Jedi Training (word search) by Lynda Vandriver (57)
- Paths Unforseen by CarolMel Ambassador (59)
- Anakin's Lament by Ronda Henderson (60)
- Above All Shadows by Carolyn Golledge (also in Alliance & Empire #2): The Empire has finally been defeated and all is once more right in the galaxy—or is it? Luke Skywalker begins to feel a growing evil and determines to trace it to its source before the galaxy is plunged back into chaos and darkness. And Han Solo isn’t about to let his favorite brother-in-law tackle such a dangerous task alone! A story in Carolyn’s “The Falconer’s” series.
- Quest's End by Jacqueline Taero (62)
- Report to the Council on the Recent Unpleasantness on Tatooine by Danalise Bryant (115)
- Unpleasant Epilogue by Carole Regine (120)
- A Matter of Priority by CarolMel Ambassador (123)
- another word search by Lynda Vandriver (122)
- The Reunion by Nola Caulfield (123)
- Destiny by CarolMel Ambassador (126)
- Deathwalker by Sheila Paulson (Set immediately after Return of the Jedi. Can Han come to terms with the Force?) (128)
- Eclipse by Jacqueline Taero (196)
- A Bright Star to Steer Her By by Lynne Terry-Hicks (198)
- answers to word searches (200)
- Luke and Han by Lynne Terry-Hicks (198)
- I Quit! by Lynda Vandriver (202)
- Frisento by L.A. Carr (Frisento held many memories for Han Solo and Leia) (204)
- Hesitation by Jacqueline Taero (214)
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 2
[Grey Zone]: Carole has written a terrific story called "Grey Zone"... Beautifully written, an unexpected, twisty ending and Vader fans will go CRAZY for it. 
[zine]: In SOUTHERN KNIGHTS II, my favorite story was "Above All Shadows" by Carolyn Golledge, and my favorite poetry was the funny "Tatooine Trilogy" by Jacqueline Taero. I always enjoy Jacqueline's poems and the love and friendship that Luke, Han, and Leia have for one another is always evident in Carolyn's stories. (I wish you would be a little kinder to poor Han, though, Carolyn! The guy is always injured or sick in your stories!) I love the drawing by Laura Virgil of Luke Skywalker on the cover of Southern Knights II! It's very special! (Ann Wortham, if it is at all possible, please reconsider your decision to terminate SOUTHERN KNIGHTS after this issue! It would be sorely missed!) 
[zine]: Add my plea to yours entreating Ann Wortham to continue SOUTHERN KNIGHTS. Love Carolyn's stories, the only thing I could possibly say is that sometimes her Han is perhaps too understanding, not of his friends, but I think Han would not always be the too-forgiving type.