|Trope · Genre|
|See Also:||Constructed Reality|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
A fake trailer is a type of fanvid styled after movie trailers. Most commonly, the vidder inserts a ship (usually their OTP) into a constructed reality, making it into a movie trailer (sometimes complete with a MPAA rating screen at the beginning).
The most prevalent type of fake trailers is a romantic comedy trailer. The music and the construction of the vid follows the regular conventions, introducing the characters before introducing the premise and the title.
- A Study in Time by Di Wey, Sherlock (BBC)/Doctor Who (Wholock) vid, After strange events start happening across London, Sherlock and John soon find out that a certain Time Lord is the key to all of them. But that is just the tip of the iceberg.
- 50 Shades of Grey by RSprodz, movie trailer with Oliver/Felicity as the main characters.
- I'll Remember by KristinaOrtutova, an Olicity styled trailer.
- Blank Space by KristinaOrtutova, another Olicity styled trailer.
- movie trailer for The Charioteer by cultfiction, uploaded 2 December 2008. Music: "La Petile Fille De Mer" by Vangelis.
- Smell of Forest by moonfallenangel, Outlaw Queen vid, What if Robin and Regina's story was a romantic comedy film? Well, here's the trailer for it! ;)
- Black Two Sugars Trailer (#2) by Nyah86Production, Sherlock/Molly vid, BBC Sherlock as a romantic comedy - Sherlolly style!
- Case Closed by Mina0187, Mike/Harvey vid, In every friendship there are moments of bonding, moments of regret and that one moment that could change everything.
- Suits as a romantic comedy by jbosco88, Mike/Harvey vid, I intended to make an ensemble Suits movie trailer but as usual the Harvey/Mike shipper in me took over and this happened (they have that effect). includes star rating from fake reviews
- The Profound Bond -- A new romantic comedy starring Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins. When Federal Agent Dean Winchester gets paired with an angel as part of the Bureau’s new Human-Angel Cooperation Initiative, the partnership seems less than ideal. Castiel is arrogant, painfully inept in the ways of normal human interaction, and less than stellar at routine questioning. But as time passes, the human and angel begin to find themselves growing less at odds and more endeared to each other. Loosely inspired by aesc’s Below Skyscrapers.