Charlotte C Hill
|Name:||Charlotte C Hill|
|Alias(es):||Eclipse, Maggie Hall, Sharon Idaho, Dawn Woods, Susan Smithson|
|Type:||author, vidder, moderator, retired 'zine publisher, convention concom|
|Fandoms:||ST:TOS both K/S and Spock/McCoy_(TOS), Starsky and Hutch, The Professionals, Wiseguy, Highlander (Methos, anyway <g>), Magnificent 7, Stargate Atlantis, Burn Notice, Almost Human, MCU (Bruce_Banner/Tony_Stark)|
|Communities:||Drinking n' Fighting, Write 'em, Cowboys|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Charlotte C Hill is the pseudonym of a long-term slash fan who started out in Star Trek: TOS and as of 2015, landed in the MCU. By 1988 she found Starsky & Hutch and The Professionals, when she met Megan Kent, her fan pair of over 3 decades. Together Charlotte and Megan published Manacles Press, a fanzine press that published Concupiscence, McPikus Interruptus, Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink, and special collections and novels through the 1990s. As a way of classifying her story styles, she used various pseudonyms, including Maggie Hall, Sharon Idaho, Dawn Woods, Susan Smithson, and others.
In 1991 Charlotte and Megan started Escapade, a slash convention which will celebrate its 30th anniversary in 2020.
Once a prolific slash author, she contributed to Manacles' regular zines, and has written in Almost Human, M7, The Professionals, Space: Above and Beyond, Wiseguy, Buckaroo Banzai, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Once a Thief, Blake's Seven, and Star Trek: TOS among other fandoms. In M7, her favorite obscure fandom, she owned the Drinking n' Fighting mailing list, co-moderated the Write 'em Cowboys writers' fic list, and was the co-archivist of the Drinking n' Fighting archive.
To this day, she is contemplating writing the seminal Burn Notice Sam/Michael story.
Other Fannish Activity
- The first story she ever published online was Apprentice to Journeyman in SW:TPM. The worldwide web inspired her first real pseudonym change and a brief flurry of others, until she eventually settled on Charlotte.
- Concom of and established Escapade with Megan Kent. Escapade is a long-running slash convention that celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2020.
- Started and edited Manacles Press, which published Concupiscence, McPikus Interruptus, Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink, and a number of independent novels or collections in various fandoms.
- Organized other conventions, both actor cons and non-actor cons.
Most Manacles Press zine contributions are not listed herein.
- An Offer in the Form (2015) in The_Escapade_25th_Anniversary_Zine
- Tascosa Rules (2012)
- First First Times (2009)
- When Words Are Broken I (2009)
- Things that Define You (2008)
- Adult Ed (co-auther farad, 2008)
- Birthday in the Life (2008)
- Long Haul (2008)
- Fighting Smoke (co-auther farad, 2008)
- Honeymoon (2008)
- America the Beautiful
- Fractured (The Skip Trace Universe starting story)
- Touchstone (Skip Trace)
- The Big Score (Skip Trace) (2006)
- What Counts As a Win (Skip Trace) (2008)
- Waiting Games (Skip Trace) (2008)
- Are You In? (with Fara Driver) (Skip Trace)
- Home From the Holidays (Skip Trace) (2007)
- Anniversary (2007)
- Words 4 (101 words)
- No Love For Solitude (2007)
- Things That Go Bump (2007)
- America the Beautiful (2006)
- Obligations (2006)
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (as Susan Smithson)
- Apprentice to Journeyman
Once A Thief
- Director's Orders
- Blue Skies (as Maggie Hall)
- Facets II: Stolen Moments (as Maggie Hall)
- The Bonanza Theme Song (Highlander, the four horsemen)
- Send the Marines! (Tom Lehrer, S:AAB)
- Too Much Love Will Kill You (Brian May/Wiseguy)