Cersei Lannister/Jaime Lannister
|Pairing:||Cersei Lannister/Jaime Lannister|
|Gender category:||Het, Incest, Twincest|
|Fandom:||Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Cersei Lannister/Jaime Lannister, also known as Lannicest, is the het and incestuous pairing of Cersei Lannister and Jaime Lannister in the A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones fandoms. They have a canonical relationship.
if a person wants to understand Jaime's complexity, they need to accept the major impact of his love for Cersei. They have many ups and downs, sure, but to me they are the most interesting couple of the series.Lord Parker
At the beginning of the series Jaime and Cersei have been in a prolonged romantic relationship that has resulted in three children, Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen. Although, Cersei is married to King Robert Baratheon, and he believes the children are his. Ned Stark discovers the true parentage of the children, but he is beheaded before he can reveal the secret. Cersei and Jaime are separated for some time during the War of the Five Kings, because Jaime is captured by Robb Stark. After he returns to King's Landing they resume their relationship. Jaime is supportive of Cersei, even though he does not always agree with her actions. In Season 7 when the threat of the White Walkers is revealed Cersei pledges to help, but backs out of that promise. Jaime disagrees and says he means to keep his word, and they separate.
- In 2014 Cersei Lannister/Jaime Lannister was the 5th most popular Game of Thrones pairing on Archive of Our Own
- In 2017 Cersei Lannister/Jaime Lannister had fallen just slightly to be the 7th most popular Game of Thrones pairing on Archive of Our Own
Common Tropes in Fanworks
- Pastfic: exploring their childhoods and how they became romantically involved
- Grief: comforting each after the death of their children
- Canon Divergence AU: varies, may include Cersei never marrying Robert, Jaime in an arranged marriage
- Modern AU: modern setting, where they know or meet other characters from the series
- Love Triangle: usually involving Brienne of Tarth or Euron Greyjoy
- Sept Scene: Many fans construed this scene as rape, although the show-runners denied it as such, and were very disappointed by the changes because the sex had been consensual in the books.
- Cersei and Jaime by martinacecilia
- ASoIaF: Dance Me _To The End_ by Pojypojy
- Jaime and Cersei by Afterlaughs
- Jaime and Cersei by steamey
- asoiaf: Lannister Gold by MathiaArkoniel
- Game of Thrones Cersei and Jaime Lannister by yagihikaru
- From the Very First (You're the Only One) by mage_girl
- forever and a day by silverandviolet
- Joffrey by Shtare
- Cersei and Jaime, cosplay by Aerien-Designs
- Cersei Lannister/Jaime Lannister tag at Archive of Our Own
- Jaime + Cersei at FanFiction.net
- Tumblr Tags: Jaime x Cersei, Cersei x Jaime, Lannicest
- JAIME & CERSEI: THE LIBRARY, Archived version
- "Fan, Lord Parker. Is it bad that I understand and accept Cersei and Jaime's relationship? posted to A Forum of Ice and Fire on December 09, 2015". Archived from the original on 2019-02-22.
- "Let's look at some Westerosi stats!". Archived from the original on 2015-11-05.
- "ASOIAF/Game of Thrones fandom stats". Archived from the original on 2019-02-22.
- "LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT CERSEI/JAIME SCENE FROM GAME OF THRONES". Archived from the original on 2018-07-16.