CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
You may be looking for CSI as short for Crazy Space Incest.
|Name:||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation|
|Creator:||Anthony E. Zuiker|
|Date(s):||October 6, 2000-present|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|External Links:||Official CBS Site|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
CSI is a tv show that revolutionized US crime dramas during the 2000s. It is almost entirely responsible for the switch from older styles of shows like Starsky & Hutch or Moonlighting to a new style where forensic evidence and science are given far more screen time than interrogation or interviews. Programs like Bones show its influence. Offline, it has been blamed for a change in jury attitudes in the United States, most notably for raising unrealistic expectations about the use of forensic evidence; in the real world forensic science processes are slow and extremely expensive, and the cost of the forensic science devoted to some cases in the show would probably require most of the annual budget available to the real-world LVPD. Another consequence of the show's popularity was an unrealistic impression of the "glamour" of the job, leading to a demand for more college courses, far outstripping the actual needs of the field; at its height there were several times more students than jobs available in the field, and every job advertised received hundreds of applicants.
- CSI Slash
- CSI Forensics
- CSI Slash Fiction (archive index for the LJ community csi_slash)
- What Makes the Desert Beautiful (Nick/Greg slash)
- Naked Truth (Catherine/Sara)
- Working Love (Catherine/Gil)
- Bodies in Motion (slash)
- Collected by Khylara (slash)
- Consonance, Dissonance and Adaptation
- The CSI Special Gen Collection
- The CSI Special Slash Collection
- Four of a Kind - Shadowfax (slash, xover with TS)
- Jerry's Boys
- A Long Story (slash, xover with TS)
- Picking Up the Pieces - Laura Leone
- Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Winner Takes All - Shadowfax (slash)
Primers and Websites
- Shooting Stars, a Gil/Catherine fansite
- Fandom primer on crack_van by carolinecrane
- Fandom primer on newbieguide by pluvial_poetry
- Pairing primers at ship_manifesto including Nick/Greg, Grissom/Sara, Nick/Grissom, Nick/Sara, Greg/Sara, Grissom/Catherine, Warrick/Catherine and Catherine/Sara.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (mailing list) "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation". Archived from the original on 2007-08-13. Description: "This club continues to grow along with the hottest show on television! Please come in and share your thoughts about any of the episodes. Post some questions to the group and we will try and answer them. Have fun and enjoy the show!"
- warrick_n_nick "warrick_n_nick". Archived from the original on 2005-02-03. Description: "This is a slash fiction list for the two most gorgeous men on the show, 'CSI'. Here, we shall have stories about the boys. I will allow discussion, as long as it doesn't get out of hand, ie - no gettin' hateful with each other. I'm pretty new at this list owner stuff...be kind. Now, on with the stories. This group has moved. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WarrickandNick. Our sister group on MSN: http://groups.msn.com/WarricknNick/homepage "
- Crime Scene Investigation Slash "Crime Scene Investigation Slash". Archived from the original on 2003-10-27. ]; [ archive link] Description: sister list to Crime Scene Investigation Chat And Fic, archived at WWOMB, a multi-fandom. "Gil Grissom and his team of criminologists at work and play. Come discuss the delightful chemistry of the characters and share a story while your at it. Discussion about the show and slash are both welcome...Smarm and beyond. This list follows the squidge TOS. What that amounts to is that, aside from the obvious NO FLAMING rule, we have to basic nonos....NO CHILD PORN (I.E: No pics of children in compromising postions) and NO SNUFF. Otherwise we've pretty much free to ride the wings of our imaginations, so drop the reins and fly. Discussion of the show, of the fics, both in progress and after completion are welcome. Pairings have no limits, barring that of you imagination. I'm dying to see some Grissom in leather (hint). The stories posted to the sister list on YG are being uploaded as web pages into the shared web here, as well as the stories posted to this list, so don't assume every treasure is in the message files. We're full of hidden treasures. Any stories posted to the list will be posted to the list archive, the WWOMB, unless they include a direct DO NOT ARCHIVE notation. Post us an intro as you come to us so we know you're here. And remember, this is just one of several hundred MLs attached to the WWOMB. Come visit the website archive for even more CSI ficcies. The archive accepts fanfic submissions from all fandoms and genres."
- Crime Scene Investigation Chat And Fic "Crime Scene Investigation Chat And Fic". Archived from the original on 2003-10-27. Description: "Gil Grissom and his team of criminologists at work and play. Come discuss the delightful chemistry of the characters and share a story while your at it. General fiction as well as hetero and slash are all welcome...Smarm and beyond. The stories will be posted to the list archive unless they include a direct DO NOT ARCHIVE notation. Because I have neither the time or the inclination to moderate the posts for minor ears, joining tells the world you are over legal age."
- Catherine and Sara "Catherine and Sara". Archived from the original on 2009-07-26. Description: for fic, etc about attraction between Catherine and Sara on CSI
- CSI Fic Mature "CSI Fic Mature". Archived from the original on 2007-10-06. Description: "Mailing list for NC-17 fan fiction based on the CBS series, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. You must be at least seventeen years old to subscribe to and received mail from this mailing list. We don't police our membership, so if you're underage, please use some common sense and find another fic list. Fan fiction posted to this list includes that which may contain extremely graphic violence and sexual content (including slash), among other subject matter that may be deemed too mature for general audiences. Although not required, members may also wish to include categories to address themes such as violance, language, sexuality, disturbing images, graphic descriptions, drugs/narcotics, and/or mature themes. Oh, yes... please include an appropriate disclaimer for the legal-eagles at CBS. :) Trolls need not apply."
- CSI Nick-Sara Fanfic Yahoo!Group (archive link) Description: fan fiction Yahoo!group mailing list focusing on the pairing of Nick/Sara.