|Occupation:||Angel, Part-Time Rare Book Dealer|
|Title/Rank:||Angel of the Eastern Gate|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Aziraphale is Heaven's angelic representative on Earth in the novel Good Omens, described thus: "Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide." His entry on the Good Omens Lexicon is extensive.
There has been ongoing dialogue between the creators and fans regarding his activities and whereabouts.
Common Tropes & Storylines
- Ezra Fell is often an alias used by Aziraphale. Zirah is a nickname other characters apply to Aziraphale.
- Demon!Aziraphale works are often role reversal AUs. In some works, Aziraphale takes the name Zirah or another name, to replace his angelic name.
- Aziraphale is often headcanoned as ace due to a line in the original novel about angel sexuality.
- East of Eden by Shati
- Heavenly Visitation by Daegaer
- Crown of Thorns (The Walls, the Wainscot, and the Mouse) 'Verse, by irisbleufic
- Future Imperfect, by jane_potter
- Altered States, by Argyle
- The Speck in the London Eye, by Vulgarweed
- Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot, by xylodemon
- TwoFish, by Grindylowe
- Da Capo Aria by Lady Oneiros
- Anything But Ordinary, by Cimorene
- Espresso Recommendations: Aziraphale
- irisbleufic's Good Omens Fic Recs
- Knacc's Good Omens Fanfic Recs
- TVTropes: Good Omens Fanfic Recs
- Meta: Why is Aziraphale so gay? by DictionaryWrites, about why Aziraphale chooses to present himself as gay, despite being sexless and not even a man, and here it is! (Feb 2019)
Archives & Fannish Links
- Aziraphale tag at Archive of Our Own
- Aziraphale (book) works at ff.net
- Good Omens (TV) works at ff.net. Filtering by character is unavailable at present