|Alias(es):||A. Vulgarweed, Absentia Vulgarweed|
|Type:||Fan Writer, Occasional Reccer & Meta Commentator|
|Fandoms:||Good Omens, Sherlock (TV series), Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Discworld, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean|
|Communities:||Good Omens Lexicon, Good Omens Exchange|
|Other:||Has collaborated with the fan artist Quantum Witch|
|URL:||vulgarweed @LJ; @DW; @Tumblr; fiction @AO3; @The Archive; @Skyehawke; @TFF; @witchfics; switchythings @LJ (collaborations with Quantum Witch)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Vulgarweed is a multifandom fanwriter particularly known in the Tolkien and Good Omens fandoms. An outgoing and outspoken source of intelligently written smut across a number of fandoms, Vulgarweed maintains a LiveJournal and a Tumblr account. Her political commentary and Lord of the Rings blogging are particularly enjoyable.
Tolkien fandom may have been Vulgarweed's first fandom. She has been active there since the early 2000s.
- The Ring and the Crown. Second Age darkfic which won the Mithril Awards category for Best Drama in 2003
- Lomendánar (Little Love for the Things of My Love). Entslash
Vulgarweed was active in the HP fandom by 2004. She is a member of La Société des Femmes Dangereuses.
- Black is the Colour. Crack crossover with Lord of the Rings, in which Snape meets a Ring Wraith. One of her most popular stories
Vulgarweed has been active in Good Omens fandom for about as long as her current Good Omens Exchange co-mod, irisbleufic. She was a co-founder of the GO Exchange in 2005 with Waxbean.
A frequent denizen of Good Omens slash rec lists, Vulgarweed's accolades are well deserved:
- "Clever, literate, and...slutty! *g*" —Beth H
- "[D]elicious geek porn: literate, funny & hot in equal measures." —Espresso Recs
- "Do you like slash? Do you like some smut with your slash? Do you like your slash to be ridiculously well-written, fascinatingly historical, and droolingly hot? Then look no further! Vulgarweed is an amazing author who is still active in the fandom, and even better, she coordinates a lot with Quantum Witch, who (as she did for H.J. Bender) illustrated some fic too." —TVTropes