|Occupation:||Firebender, Fire Lord (formerly), Firebending teacher (formerly), Tea shop assistant (formerly)|
|Relationships:||Azula (sister), Ozai (father), Iroh (uncle), Ursa (mother), Azulon (grandfather), Sozin (great-grandfather), Lu Ten (cousin)|
|Fandom:||Avatar: The Last Airbender|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Zuko is a fan favorite, and most fanworks in the Avatar fandom involve him in some way or another. He is renown for his character development and his character arc, which is often used as an example of a good redemption arc. This arc involves him overcoming his abuse from his father and an imperialist mindset and joining the side of the protagonists.
Many Zuko fans cite him as one of their first fictional crushes.
Tropes & Fanon
- Honor: Zuko's obsession with honor, especially at the start of the show, is something of a meme in Avatar fandom.
- Abuse: Overcoming abuse from his father and sister.
- Blind!Zuko: Exploring the possibility that Zuko was blinded in one eye when he was scarred was mildly popular in fanfiction.
- Redemption: Zuko's character growth and redemption are popular to explore in fanworks, especially with AUs which put him in different situations than canon and explore whether he would have changed allegiance or beliefs were the circumstances different.
- Zutara - Zuko/Katara
- Maiko - Zuko/Mai
- Zukka - Zuko/Sokka
- Zukaang - Zuko/Aang
- Jetko - Zuko/Jet
- Zuki - Zuko/Suki
- Little Zuko v the World: An ongoing fic that follows the adventures of 12 year old Zuko.
- The Problem With Zuko by AvocadoLove: Gen. "Lu Ten never died at Ba Sing Se, and Fire Lord Iroh rules the nation with an iron fist. Zuko is merely the son of the second prince, overlooked by his more talented younger sister and can only dream of the day when he will be finally allowed to prove himself in battle. When Lu Ten returns, triumphant, with the Avatar and his Water Tribe companions in chains, Zuko is put in charge of their imprisonment. But he soon learns that things are not what they seem with both the child Avatar and within his own family."
- the beginning of a new and brighter birth by aloneintherain: Gen, Zuko & Gaang. Post-canon.
- Embers by Vathara, an epic length canon divergence and AU fanfiction that is extremely popular and extremely divisive within the fandom. As of September 2019, it is the most favorited AtLA fanfiction on FFN.