User talk:Therin of Andor
Welcome to Fanlore! Thank you for fixing some of my dopey typos. I put that all that in by hand, and it is prone to wrongness. On a bigger topic... glad to have you here. If you need any help in editing, there are folks here who can help. You can ask questions on this page, or anyone else's User Page, or on the Discussion Page (seen at the top of each article). Adding your name and timestamp at the end of your message is done either by using the tool second from the end at the top of this box, or by adding four "~". --Mrs. Potato Head (talk) 01:47, 21 March 2013 (UTC)--Mrs. Potato Head
- As we discussed once before, there still seems to be a lot of early images that fail to display their thumbnails. Sometimes it's an error in the file name, but not always. Clicking on the question mark it the pic's frame often opens up the original image and, by cleaning up the scan, slightly squaring the text, etc, the system is usually allowing me to rename the image and relaunch it so it can display a thumbnail. Maybe it's that the first file was too large to display a thumbnail? I shall keep editing them as I encounter them, if you like, as I get the time. Therin of Andor (talk) 01:42, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
My pleasure. A lot of my stuff is in storage at the moment, but I have lots of additions and enhancements I can provide. Just retired from work and hopefully have some quality time. Therin of Andor (talk) 01:29, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
To find out how to display it on your user page, check out these instructions: How can I display my badges on Fanlore?
Me too! My back issues are in storage at the moment, but I do have lots more of additions and enhancements I can provide. I was just down in the garage but the boxes of "Kiron III" I need are under a huge amount of other stuff while the renovators are here. Soon! Therin of Andor (talk) 06:02, 13 March 2019 (UTC)
Fanlore Advanced Editor/Gardener Invitation
Hi, Therin of Andor! Thank you for your recent contributions to Fanlore - we really appreciate all your help.
We wanted to extend an invitation to you to become an Advanced Editor on Fanlore. Fanlore Advanced Editors have special editing rights on the wiki, most importantly the ability to move and delete pages. You can learn more about Advanced Editors and what becoming one involves via our Advanced Editors page.
If you would be interested in becoming an Advanced Editor or would like to know more, please let us know by replying to this message or by contacting us through the Fanlore committee contact form.
Additionally, if you are interested in getting even more involved with Fanlore, you can also apply to our Gardener program! Gardeners are responsible for keeping Fanlore in order, patrolling edits, answering user questions and generally tending to the wiki. They are official Fanlore volunteers. You can find out more about what being a Gardener entails by chatting to any of our current group of friendly Gardeners.
Many thanks, and we look forward to hearing back from you.
Hi all! Many thanks and I will certainly consider it. I have recently retired and Fanlore is providing a great distraction from all the other things I'm supposed to be doing. I have lots of reference materials, zine contents pages and photos in storage that will provide heaps of additions and corrections when they emerge from the piles in my garage! Therin of Andor (talk) 11:31, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
- That is awesome, and we're really glad to have you here and spending your time with us :D Thanks for considering our invitation, and let us know if you need any more info :3 --enchantedsleeper (talk) 17:59, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, please, I would be interested in becoming an Advanced Editor and/or Gardener. Therin of Andor (talk) 04:09, 7 May 2019 (UTC)
the image bug
- Yes indeed. I have corrected a few by simply switching "File" for "Image", or sometimes vice versa. It seems to happen on "thumb"-coded thumbnail images; I suspect that some already-uploaded jpgs are too big to show up as a thumbnail. Often switching them to a Gallery, even if only one pic, omits the need to use "thumb". Therin of Andor (talk) 00:16, 8 May 2019 (UTC)
- Strangely enough, I am still getting the Russian Roulette of whether an upload will go to "File" or "Image". Easily fixed, but can't work out the pattern. Therin of Andor (talk) 02:10, 18 September 2021 (UTC)
Stub September 2021
Hi Therin of Andor, thank you for adding links to the stub page Martha Kent. Please accept this shiny new badge as a part of the Stub September challenge. --Emma M (talk) 17:50, 16 September 2021 (UTC)
- Awww, thanks! Much appreciated. I didn't realise that "stubs" had their own month! LOL. Therin of Andor (talk) 02:07, 18 September 2021 (UTC)
Typo in a heading: Australasian, not Australiasian
On the page Zerinza the Australiasian Doctor Who Fan Club Calendar, there is a typo in the heading. I fixed the internal ones. How can this be changed, please? Would this be a fix for Mrs. Potato Head? Thanks Therin of Andor (talk) 12:36, 4 October 2021 (UTC)