The Fantastic Journey
|Name:||The Fantastic Journey|
|Creator:||D.C. Fontana, Richard Fielder, Robert Hamilton, Leonard Katzman, Ken Kolb, Howard Livingstone, Michael Michaelian, Katharyn Powers|
|Date(s):||February 3 – June 17, 1977|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|External Links:||The Fantastic Journey on Wikipedia|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
"The Fantastic Journey" was a short-lived, relatively unlamented TV series. It traced the adventures of a band of travelers marooned in a Bermuda Triangle-like area of multi-leveled time zones. Each week's show pitted the intrepid band against a danger in a new time zone. The zones co-mingled in this strange region and ranged from antediluvian Atlantis to far in the future. And our stars played characters from many of these eras. The show was not a rousing success, and did not last very long, although in honesty, 'Fantastic Journey,' like Logan's Run at a later date, appears to have been a victim of the overly-hasty ratings game. Both shows were pulled just when they had begun to develop some of their potential and gave some promise of turning onto a really good program after all." 
All Fantastic Journey zines
- Fantastic Journal has two issues.
- Peripatetic #1 was all Fantastic Journey.
- The Ghostbusters Live From the Bermuda Triangle is a Real Ghostbusters/Fantastic Journey crossover by Sheila Paulson.
- The Guardian Stone is a Fantastic Journey/Lord of the Rings crossover by Sheila Paulson.
- Vortex had nine issues.
- "Walls of the New Jerusalem" in Green Floating Weirdness #2 (crossover with War of the Worlds TV series)
- "Over the Hills and Far Away" in Green Floating Weirdness #3 (crossover with War of the Worlds TV series)
- "Gloom" in Moonbeam #7
- from a fan in Right of Statement #3