- Either is fine with me. If we go with groups, will semi-pro groups MangaNovel and Digital Manga Guild be included?
- I've dropped a note for Yue to come weigh in. I'd also like to get input from Kylara, Franzi, and XParrot if possible, since they know the scanlation side. -the old briar pipe (talk) 22:57, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
- Yue is sick, but she asked me to pass along a request to add spaces for "Language from:" and "Language to:", or something similar. I personally would suggest "medium" or "format" in place of "focus". Do those sound okay? -the old briar pipe (talk) 00:23, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
- I like 'format' and agree about language from/to. I think we do need a translation group template (whether or not a template for single translators is needed) simply because so much translation happens in a group format, and specific things (like founder) apply that aren't the case in every instance of translation everywhere. Is "Fandoms" the most appropriate way to list that content? It may be clearest for a reader (and if so, we should keep it), but when I saw "Focus", before I read the description, I assumed that was where the type of works translated went. Some translation groups are tiny or only work on one series, but many have an area they specialize in yet translate dozens of works. It's totally possible to put shoujo/yuri/doujinshi/telenovelas/fic/whatever under "Fandom", but is that the best way to name this? Do we have any feedback from the other parts of fandom with a lot of translation besides Japanese-->English? I'm not that familiar with them. Franzeska (talk) 18:40, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
- For K-drama=>Eng, Anenko, Tari, and maybe FacetofCathy? They're the only ones I've seen working on those pages. (I think Yue knows J=>Fr as well.) I don't know who else to ask.
- I agree that "Fandoms" isn't quite it. "Projects", maybe? "Genres"? When I first saw "Focus", that's what I thought it was referring to, but I don't think the word's quite clear enough to use in this context. -the old briar pipe (talk) 18:56, 1 December 2012 (UTC)