Should we create a page just for keeping track of media coverage of HP fandom? I know there's a lot of press coverage, and I created a page for one article I had the link for -- "The_Bench:_Fan_Feud"_by_Tim_Wu -- that should at least be linked to an article on the HP Lexicon trial (once someone creates one).--Aethel 20:50, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- Harry Potter & Star Trek are probably going to try to break whatever structure guidelines get set up for everything else. I think Media Coverage of Harry Potter is worth a page, especially since we've got two more movies and apparently, an endless string of semi-spinoff books. --Elfwreck 21:14, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
I've added a few mailing lists/yahoo groups I remember being big, but I was never really into HP gen, het, or marauders stuff, so it's probably pretty lopsided. It's also been a long time, and I have no idea what lists are still active. Someone pretty please add to that list and/or flesh out the descriptions or do articles on some of those lists. Franzeska 16:36, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
HP (multifandom letterzine)
This disambiguation link doesn't seem to belong here. Someone looking for a multifandom letterzine wouldn't search on the Harry Potter page. I think it would be better to turn HP into a disambiguation page that links to both Harry Potter and the multifandom letterzine. --Doro 20:33, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah. *sigh* I noted that when I added it, saying I thought it wasn't correct. The question I have is HP was linked to the Potter books and the page says something about it being linked to the character as well. I haven't renamed a page, much less a major one, that isn't a zine, and I'm not sure what terms to use. HP (books)? HP (character)? and HP (multifandom letterzine)? Mrs. Potato Head 21:55, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think we need to rename anything. :) The HP page right now consist of a redirect to Harry Potter. We just need to remove the redirect and replace it with the disambiguation template and a link to Harry Potter and the letterzine. Give me a minute and I'll do just that. --Doro 22:06, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
I reverted the recent "Harry Potter (books)" disambiguation for the time being.
I'm not in favor of disambiguating this page. There are literally thousands of links to this page, which would turn into links to a disambiguation page and would be a lot of (ongoing) work to clean up. And I think that the vast majority of people looking for "Harry Potter" on Fanlore are going to be looking for the fandom, not the character, and those few that are looking for the character can simply click the link in the hatnote.
If we do decide to disambiguate, I’m not sure (books) is the way to go, since the fandom is really multi-media, especially considering the new play and Fantastic Beasts films. Thoughts? --sparc 21:33, 29 January 2017 (UTC)
- If we had to disambiguate, it should be Harry Potter (fandom) vs. Harry Potter (character), but I don't see a need to change the current structure.--aethel (talk) 21:38, 29 January 2017 (UTC)
- I was actually thinking of the many people who just want Harry Potter stuff, and the many links to this page which are links to the fandom in general. People don't really know that they're linking to the books page. At least let's put a note at the top pointing at the category? --Msilfan (talk) 19:04, 30 January 2017 (UTC)
Book release parties & etc?
Do we have a page for the book release parties that happened / other things around book releases? I just ran into this post about the 7th book coming out in Paris but I'm not sure if I can/should try to work it into this page. - Hoopla (talk) 15:11, 18 April 2019 (UTC)