Scoundrel (Star Wars letterzine)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Scoundrel is a Star Wars no-frills letterzine that was published shortly after the third film of the original trilogy was released. The title is a reference to the Han/Leia kiss scene in The Empire Strikes Back; Leia calls Han a scoundrel, and Han says she likes it.
From an ad: "A letterzine devoted to the SW saga. Features: Question Forum, Articles, Essays, Reviews, LoC's, Zine Listings and a Classified Section, plus a Consumer Corner. Published quarterly." 
One fan writes in the third issue: "First the world was created. Then George gave us a saga. Now you have given us Scoundrel to help figure out that saga. Chaos. Complete chaos. I love it. Keep up the good work."
Sections of the letterzine have been included on Fanlore with the publisher's permission.
The Issues: Summaries
See the subpages for details about individual issues, including quoted opinions and summaries of fannish views on topics then current:
Other Star Wars Letterzines
- Alderaan (February 1978 to August 1981) (morphed into the multimedia letterzine, Comlink)
- Bound by the Force (1982-1997) -- contains some mulifandom content
- Darkside (1994-1997)
- Jundland Wastes (March, perhaps June 1981 to September 1983)
- Jundland, Too (February 1984 to May 1984)
- Rebel Alliance (1993-1994)
- Scoundrel (late 1983 or fall 1986)
- Southern Enclave (1983 to 2000)
- Tusken Farms (1993-?)