|Pairing:||Scott McCall/Stiles Stilinski|
|Alternative name(s):||Sciles, Skittles|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
On the show, Scott and Stiles are long-time best friends who routinely climb in each others' bedroom windows and are comfortable with casual touch.
Despite Scott being the protagonist of the show and Stiles being the fandom's most popular character, the pairing is only moderately common, being outcompeted by the fandom OTP of Derek/Stiles and having less than half the number of fanfics as Peter/Stiles or Allison/Scott. Nonetheless, it is still a fairly common relationship to find in Teen Wolf fanworks, being the 2nd most popular ship for Scott and the 4th most popular ship for Stiles on AO3.
Tropes and Fanon
- Bromance: The show positions the relationship between Scott and Stiles as a bromance; many fanworks simply draw the line a little further, adding sex to their relationship without making it romantic or making it romantic in its level of intimacy but without including sex. This often results in the relationship being implicitly or explicitly shown as queerplatonic in fanworks.
- First Times and Teenage Experimentation: Because they have been best friends for years before the start of the show, many fanworks show Scott and Stiles experimenting with each other and being each others' first times.
- Hurt/Comfort: After season 3B there was an increase in hurt/comfort fanworks for the pairing, with Scott helping Stiles work through the effects of the Nogitsune. Although not nearly as prevalent, there are also many examples of hurt/comfort focused on Stiles helping Scott work through his own trauma after becoming a Berserker, and fans are also often interested in examining their shared trauma and 'darkness around their hearts' after going through the ritual to find their parents.
- Threesome: Two of the most popular threesomes involve Scott/Stiles - Allison/Scott/Stiles, which expands the canonical het relationship to a poly one, and Derek/Scott/Stiles, which expands the fandom OTP to include Scott, who has a strong canonical relationship with both other characters.
- A Phenomenon When You Came Along, by Loz (link). Roadtrip future fic.
- Working in Pairs, by soaringrachel (link). Friends to lovers fic set after Allison/Scott broke up. (Allison/Lydia is an additional pairing.)
- ✮ SLEEP, SWEET SOUL ✮, Archived version
- the nine bright shiners, Who needs a puppy when you live in Beacon Hills?, Archived version
- Saturday Morning (Scott/Stiles) This is for... | Meg Daunting, Archived version
Example Art Gallery
Sleepover, by maichan808 (2014)
Flirting, by Komisaari (2014)
Saturday Morning, by Daunt (2013)
Hug after near-death experience, by neenya (2012)
Never Trust a Fox, by renqa (Nogitsune!Stiles) (2014)