|Pairing:||Harry Potter/Ron Weasley|
|Alternative name(s):||Harry/Ron, HP/RW, H/R, SS Best Mate|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Harry/Ron is the romantic pairing of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter fandom. It is also referred to as "Best Mate", a name given to the pairing on the Fiction Alley message boards in 2002.
History & Prevalence
- Close Enough, a post-war story by Helen.
- Get There Faster, a dark coda to Order of the Phoenix, by Jintian.
- Two Households series, an AU where Harry joins Slytherin, by Mad Martha.
- The Mirror Never Lies by Rhysenn (2000)
- Sun Kissed by static_abyss.
- Mates by The Theban Band (2006)
- Fellatio by ericahpa (2008, NWS)
- What's Eating Harry Potter? by reallycorking, a fancomic created for harryronreunion (2014, NC-17)
- Ganbare Kaeru Choco! by CARNIVAL II (2001)
- Wonderland by Zuihouzakura (2001)
- Rain by Plastics echo (2002)
- Sweet Berry Kiss & Sweet Honey Kiss by Zuihouzakura (2002)
- Deep Forest by Ouke Sanjou! (2002)
- Flame of Wing by Shisinden (2002)
- Happy Days by Owl Express (2002)
- Best Mate, a fanfiction archive (2005-c.2008)
- harry_ron_recs, a newsletter community (2006-2010)
- harry_and_ron, a Yahoo! group (2000-2003)
- harry_and_ron, a LiveJournal community (2001-present)
- harryron100, a drabble community (2006-present)
- harryronreunion (2014)
Fests & Challenges
- hprwfqf, a Fuh-Q Fest challenge (2004-2009)
- Harry/Ron Big Bang, a Big Bang challenge (2009-2011)
- bestmates_xmas, a holiday gift exchange (2006-2009)
- harryronholiday, a holiday gift exchange (2010-2012)
- Original Fiction Alley "Best Mate" ship forum thread (2002)
- A Start on Harry/Ron Reclist by semielliptical (posted 2003)
- Potty and the Weasel fanlisting and archive (2003-2005)
- In My Life at ship_manifesto (posted 2004)
- H/R fic recs and art recs from crack_broom
- Harry/Ron fanworks at the Archive of Our Own
- Harry/Ron stories at FanFiction.Net
- FictionAlley Park. SCUSA Master Ship List and Ship Registry Submissions. Updated 19 April 2010. (Accessed 20 January 2011.)