|Title:||Rogue One: A Star Wars Story|
|Creator:||Chris Weitz, Tony Gilroy; dir. Gareth Edwards|
|Language:||English (with dubs in other languages)|
|External Links:||Rogue One on the Internet Movie Database|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Rogue One is the eighth film in the Star Wars series. Chronologically in-universe, it takes place just before Episode IV: A New Hope, but the movie is not part of the main saga; it is considered a "stand-alone".
- Jyn Erso, a rogue maverick detained by the Empire (Felicity Jones)
- Cassian Andor, a Rebel Alliance Intelligence officer (Diego Luna)
- Orson Krennic, Imperial Military commander (Ben Mendelsohn)
- Chirrut Îmwe, a blind warrior who believes in the Force (Donnie Yen)
- Galen Erso, Jyn's father and a research scientist (Mads Mikkelsen)
- K-2SO, a re-programmed Imperial enforcer droid (Alan Tudyk)
- Bodhi Rook, a former Imperial pilot (Riz Ahmed)
- Baze Malbus, a Rebel warrior and mercenary (Jiang Wen)
- Saw Gerrera, a veteran of the Clone Wars (Forest Whitaker)
The first fics on the Archive of Our Own were posted in April 2016, following the release of the first trailer. Many of these included characters from the Original Trilogy, like Luke Skywalker or Leia Organa.
The most popular ships in the Rogue One fandom are Jyn Erso/Cassian Andor, Chirrut Îmwe/Baze Malbus, and Cassian Andor/Bodhi Rook. Many ships in the Rogue One fandom are not referred to by portmanteaus, unlike other Star Wars ships (such as Obikin for Anakin/Obi-Wan), but instead were created by using the occupations of romantic interests, such as 'RebelCaptain' for Jyn and Cassian, and 'SpiritAssasin' for Chirrut and Baze.
- floating, sinking by shuofthewind, Somewhere in her is the sinking feeling that they weren't supposed to survive. [In which they all live, in a manner of speaking, and they keep going, in spite of the odds.]
- hope lives on by peradi, Bodhi dies. This is what happens afterwards. Or: Bodhi becomes the patron saint of the Resistance.
- They Have Taken Photographs of Our Footprints in the Dust by dharmaavocado, "Did you know I'm worth a quarter herd of bantha?” At Jyn’s sharp inhale, Baze said, without opening his eyes, “My husband is an unrepentant liar. He is barely worth one sick bantha, much less a healthy quarter herd.” [In which Chirrut and Baze have spent more than half their lives together, and Chirrut likes to spin stories of how they were married.]
- One Solid Kick by copperbadge, Sometimes all the universe needs to be better is one solid kick.
- A Proud, Unpleasant Sort of Man by angel_deux, It takes Cassian Andor and Han Solo an embarrassingly long time to realize that they aren't each other's rivals.
- Dear Whoever You Might Be by smaragdbird, Bodhi often gazes at the worlds written on his wrist and try to take courage from them and from the idea that someone out there is waiting to meet him. Luke often traces the words written on his shoulder, silently promising to them that he'll get out of this force-saken dust ball of a planet to look for them soon. On the way to Scarif, Bodhi looks at Chirrut and Baze, huddled together, and silently asks his soulmate for forgiveness - he knows that this is a suicide mission. Before taking the shot that will destroy the Death Star, Luke centers himself by thinking of his soulmate and the connection they share - he's not letting himself killed, not when they still haven't met.
- But like... the Rogue One Crew being famous. by lukeleiahan.
- the medal ceremony at the end of star wars makes a bit more sense now in the context of rogue one. by ladytharen.
Links & Resources
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story fanworks on AO3