|Trope · Genre|
|Related:||UST, First Time (fic), futurefic|
|See Also:||Get Together (trope)|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Established relationship refers to a genre of fanfic in which the characters focused upon are assumed (or specifically stated) to be romantically involved when the story starts. This tag is often applied to works where the two characters are not canonically in a relationship, and there works would be AUs.
Established relationship fics are the polar opposite of first time fics, and many readers prefer one over the other.
Examples of Established Relationship Fic
- young hearts, out our minds by junko, Steve/Bucky, Bucky posts a selfie of the two of them in bed to his instagram. He hashtags it #goodmorningamerica. Sam Wilson and Pepper Potts retweet it to their twitter accounts.
- The Art Of Trolling by Odsbodkins, Steve/Bucky, Since everyone thinks they can ask all kinds of intrusive questions about Captain America, it's Bucky's duty to troll the hell out of them.
- whatever you want (but you're gonna have to ask me) by HalfFizzbin, Derek/Stiles, Stiles has a fantastic boyfriend and absolutely no sex life. He is not okay with this. (Or, the implementation of Stiles' Secret Seduction Plan™)
- same losing lucky numbers by turnpikedarling, Derek/Stiles, DEREK HALE: PERFECT BOYFRIEND. That's it. That's the whole thing.
- has time re-written every line by kellifer_fic for oxoniensis, Derek/Stiles, No, dad. Listen to what I'm saying. Yesterday, I was eighteen. I'm not speaking metaphorically, or about the way I feel or whatever. I was eighteen, we lived in the house on Maple, the last conversation we had was about how fries didn't count as a vegetable and I, uh, wasn't married.