|Fandom:||Rogue One, Star Wars|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Cassian Andor is a character in the Star Wars universe, first seen in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Cassian is a main character in the movie. He is first seen meeting with a contact on the planet Ring of Kafrene. He is then assigned to use Jyn Erso to find her father and stop the weapon he helped to build. The pair also meet Bodhi Rook, Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus on the Jedha. Later, they gather a group to go to Scarif and find the Death Star plans.
This show will be a prequel to Rogue One, showing Cassian’s life as a Rebel spy. It premieres on September 21, 2022. It was originally supposed to premiere on August 31, but was delayed.
People started posting fanfic with Cassian months before the movie actually came out in December 2016. The trailers were giffed on Tumblr, and then dedicated pages for Cassian and other characters were created, most in 2017.
Fanon and Common Tropes in Fanworks
Tropes often seen in fanfic regarding Cassian is Everyone Lives/Nobody Dies and fix-its— these often have him interacting with Star Wars characters not in Rogue One. Modern AU and College AU’s are also popular. Cassian is frequently used in whump as the whumpee, and is used similarly in hurt/comfort fics.
- Whoever keeps spreading rumors of him and Jyn sleeping together every time she so much as stops by his room is going to get decked if Cassian ever finds them. (or, everyone thinks cassian and jyn are dating, and they're only half-wrong.)
- If Cassian has no place, Leia knows hers far too well. Her Royal Highness, Senator Leia Organa, Heir of the House of Organa and the House of Antilles, Princess of Alderaan. She has a duty. There is no space for wanting, here.
- i promise i'll do better An orphaned work. Cassian/Bodhi
- And at night, if either of them wakes up with tears on their faces, it hardly means anything if the other puts an arm around them and holds them until they fall asleep again. They escape from Scarif. Cassian adapts.
- Cassian Andor is your very close companion. He says best friend, you say pain in your ass—neither one of you are entirely wrong. But then one night you smoke some unfamiliar spice with him, and everything you once thought you knew goes sideways.
- The nights are the worst, but they have each other to lean on when things get too hard.
- cassian andor cassian andor cassian andor captain cassian andor— by owlssin
- “People are standing up. That’s what a reckoning sounds like.” by the-impossible-artist
Archives and Communities
Links and Resources