|Synonyms:||pimping vid, Vidding|
|See also:||Clip Tape, Picspam|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Recruiter vids are songvids that 'sell' a show, or a pairing, to new fans. They may be made specifically for that purpose, using accessible music and careful clip choices -- ones that don't need a deep understanding of the show to make sense, and ones that show the actors, or the pairing, in the best possible light. Others may be made as 'regular' vids, but strike a chord with viewers unfamiliar with the show, who then want to find out more about the source.
There is a big overlap between the idea of a con vid and a recruiter vid.
Examples of recruiter vids
- Charmax's vid, That's the Way we Get By, for the Sam/Dean or Sam+Dean relationship of Supernatural
- Merryish's vid, Hello, for Stargate Atlantis
- Gwyneth Rhys's vid, Smooth Operator, for Michael of La Femme Nikita
- Debchan's vid, Baby, for Fastlane. Te says about it: "This is a pimp vid of the purest stripe, which is to say that it's a vid more designed to introduce new viewers to a fandom and/or 'ship (in this case? Both.) than to tell them a particular story."
- Mamoru22's vid 10,000 Nights of Thunder, for Merlin
- The Loft Tape for Sentinel
- Aloha Hawaii for Hawaii 5-0
- Te. Fastlane Recs: Posted August 1, 2003. Last accessed November 21, 2008.