|Type:||Podfic Reader, Fan Writer, Moderator, Beta-reader|
|Fandoms:||Buffy the Vampire Slayer, DC Comics, Firefly, Wilby Wonderful, Due South, 6 Degrees of Canada|
|URL:||Out of Water: due South Fanfiction (archive link)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Nos4a2no9 is a Canadian writer, beta-reader and podficcer. She has been active in various fandoms since 1996, and has written BtVS, DC Comics, and Firefly stories. Since 2006 she has been exclusively active in due South and 6 Degrees of Canada fandom. Her firsthand experience with the environment and culture of northern Canada has heavily influenced her fanfiction and meta works.
- Moderates dS Recs Redux.
- Twice served as Captain for dS Flashfiction's dS Match challenge.
- Contributed three articles to dS Workshop, two of which discuss various aspects of life in northern Canada.
- Organized CanCon, a small, slash-friendly convention for LiveJournal-based due South fans in August 2008, in Toronto, Ontario.
History in Fandom
- 1996-1999: Active in BtVS fandom
- 1999-2001: Active in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine fandom
- 2001-2005: Active in DC Comics fandom
- 2004: Creates nos4a2no9 LiveJournal
- 2005–2006: Active in Firefly fandom
- 2006-Present: Active in Due South and C6D fandoms.
History in due South
- September 2006: Posts first due South story.
- December 2006: First pass at due South crack_van wheel
- February 2007: Writes first dS Workshop post
- March 2007: Attends multi-fandom Muskrat Jamboree convention in Boston, MA.
- July 2007: Records and posts first podfic
- July 2007: Creates Out of Water website
- July-September 2007: Captains Team Angst for the dS Match competition
- January 2008: With User:Ignaz and Dessert_First, takes over dS Recs Redux from Brooklinegirl and Justbreathe80
- March 2008: Attends multi-fandom Bitchin' Party convention in Seattle, WA. Organizes discussion panels for the con.
- June 2008: Attends Con_txt in Washington, DC.
- August 2008: Organizes CanCon in Toronto, ON.
- August-September 2008: Captains Team Reality for dS Match competition.
- "It’s got the ability to get into your head and stay there, rattling around and making you think about the story and the characters all day. Others have pointed out the connection to the landscape that Nos’ writing has, and that’s something I’d certainly agree on – the sense of place in the stories, whether it’s in the wild north of Canada or downtown Chicago, is solid and very satisfying. There’s also a lot of detail to Nos’ work, a layering up of little things and big things that draws the reader in and keeps them firmly grounded in the story."
dS Workshop Posts
due South stories
- In Another Place, Not Here
- Price of Distance (Fraser/Kowalski, NC-17) Fraser told Ray once that he hated the city. Except, being Fraser, he'd said, "Prince George is symbolic of the devastation of the natural resources of northern Canada." Ray had nodded like he'd understood, and then he'd gone back to nipping and sucking at the soft skin of Fraser's earlobe. It was only later, much later, after his temporary visa had expired and he'd finally faced reality and moved south to Bellingham, that Ray realized what Fraser had actually said. He can't do life in the big city anymore, not even for Ray.
- A Searching and Fearless Inventory (Fraser, PG-13) What if Fraser was an alcoholic? What if he was going along and quietly struggling with his demons, all the time? This story is painful as all hell, but insightful as all hell too, something odd and different and new.
- Breaking the Waves - (Fraser/Vecchio/Kowalski}
- Surviving (due South story)
Wilby Wonderful stories
- Quiet in Drowning (Duck/Buddy, Duck/OMC, NC-17, warnings for quite graphic violence and non-con). A beautiful, heart-breaking, picture of Duck, and an exploration of why he is the way he is in the film.
- umbrella_half, due South Author Profile: Nos4a2no9 posted on 6 November 2009 (Accessed 19 November 2009)