|Archives:||Luke/Rey on AO3|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Luke/Rey is the romantic pairing of Luke Skywalker and Rey from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Most of the fanworks created for this rarepair followed the film's release in December 2015 through the release of The Last Jedi two years later, and were initially prompt responses to The Force Awakens Kinkmeme on Dreamwidth.
Fans of this pairing generally write Rey as unrelated to Luke to avoid incest.
Common Tropes & Storylines
- Jedi Training - often segueing into Inappropriate Use of the Force or resulting in a Force Bond
- Modern AU - often overlaps with Ex-Boyfriend Ben Solo
- Angst - either due to the age difference, or the Jedi Order's restrictions on relationships
- Shared erotic dreams or visions, frequently sent by Kylo Ren or Snoke
- First Time for Rey and/or Luke
- Social Awkwardness - Rey and/or Luke are frequently depicted as touch-starved or socially awkward after so much time in isolation
- Force Ghost Luke - Luke's relationship with Rey continues after Luke's death at the end of The Last Jedi
Most fics for this pairing are set on Ahch-To, where Rey meets an exiled Luke at the end of The Force Awakens. However, a few fics are set prior to this point at Luke's Jedi Academy or feature Rey and Luke traveling the galaxy to fight the First Order.
Luke and Rey frequently bond over their shared connection to the desert and/or their affinity (or lack thereof) for water.
- Swimming Lessons by MVKramer. Luke tries to teach Rey to swim. Rey tries to hide her crush on Luke. Fluff, one-shot.
- In the Rain by Mad_Mage. Master Skywalker’s morning routine was never quite the same since Rey arrived.
- Charadrius Melodus by BitterHush. Rey interviews to be a nature guide at a state park. She only wanted a summer paycheck and the chance to escape a particularly bad relationship, but of course, her future boss is Luke Skywalker: the all-too-understanding, salt-and-pepper-sexy, park manager. Modern AU.
- Lanai Alchemy by peacocktails - Sex pollen, dubcon.
- Daylight by notbecauseofvictories. rey seduces luke skywalker in the angriest chore-doing way possible. luke is hugely baffled by this.
- Just the Right Amount of Awkward by karyatid. Rey leans into the touch without thinking, doesn't even know at first that it's the warmth of his hand she's seeking, only that it feels nice.
- Rust and Salt by Silential Rey loves fixing things, and Luke clearly hasn't been taking very good care of that hand.
- Children of the Desert by good_girl_astray - Collection of TFA Kinkmeme prompts.