|Type:||fan writer, meta writer, podficcer, vidder|
|Fandoms:||Stargate Atlantis, Lotrips, Harry Potter, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, White Collar, Leverage|
|URL:||fiercelydreamed (Dreamwidth), fiercelydreamed (LiveJournal)|
podfics by fiercelydreamed (Audiofic Archive)
podfic of fiercelydreamed fics
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
- "I think you only have to listen to her read the title of Torture: Most Bizarre and Terrible to realise that fiercelydreamed is a brilliant reader of fic. It was her reading of Harmonic Function that drove me to start this set of recs in the first place, because I found it so emotional and affecting and raw. Her vowels are American, but she has really beautiful, rather unamerican fricatives and stops (t, d, p, b, d, f, v, s, z, k) - I could listen to fiercelydreamed pronounce her Ks and Ds and Ts all day. [...] She says "pinned in place" at one point in Harmonic Function, and it's gorgeous. Speaking of Harmonic Function, that reminds me: she's got a completely sexy voice and does a fabulous job with the sex scenes.
- Her narrative style is somewhere between zoetrope's and countess's - she has the same slightly-distanced, slightly-dreamy narrative tone that zoetrope does so well, but it's sometimes breathy like countess's is. Unsurprisingly, as she's a reader that I like, she's really good at pausing, and at slowing a sentence down or speeding it up to deliver the right mood for the story at the moment. Oh, and it bears mentioning that she's a music geek who tends to blend the openings and endings of her podfics with absolutely appropriate mood-setting songs; this pleases me."
and podklb said:
- "Her reading is magnetic, it draws the listener in so that you're actually leaning forward holding your breath to hear more. She uses pacing in this amazing way that brings out the tension in the story and gives the perfect amount of weight to every word. I don't think I've ever heard a more masterful use of pacing, actually. Her voice is clear and a little hushed and just, it's hard to put my finger on why, but it's just exciting to listen to."
- Unidentified. Earth-based no-Stargate AU where Rodney loses his memory.
- Rebuilding Babel. Canon-divergent, Rodney loses his ability to process language. John helps. 2007 winner in the category Angst/Drama of the McKay/Sheppard Fan Awards.
- Who's Left And Who's Leaving (link). Canon-divergent, the SGC starts changing the focus of the mission. Won a Stargate Fan Award for "Best SGA Gen Team Drama Story" in 2008.
- Pegasus Ethics. What Geneva convention?
- Battle Potato. Rodney cooks comfort food for a recovering Teyla, with John's help.
- Friendly by Speranza
- "This is a good time to say again that I give blanket permission to record my stories -- I adore podfic, and if you feel moved to share your reading of it with others, I would love to hear it. Please drop me a comment so I can spread the word!" From Double podfics! post, 25 Apr 2011. (Accessed 5 Jan 2012)
- Podfics read by fiercelydreamed at the Audiofic Archive (Accessed 5 Jan 2012)
- Five Days of Podfic Recs: Day Five: Five Podfic Readers I Love post by thingswithwings, 30 July 2009. (Accessed 5 Jan 2012)
- Five Podfic Artists I Would Listen to Anything By (And Three to Watch) by podklb in Amplificathon, 26 Mar 2011. (Accessed 27 Jan 2012)