Fandom Wank Wiki
|Name:||Fandom Wank Wiki (also, Wank Wiki and WankWiki)|
|URL:||Front Page via Wayback; WebCite|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Fandom Wank Wiki was a wiki associated with the Fandom Wank community. The front page was last modified on 22 February 2011, at 17:40. At that time it had been accessed 473,513 times. The last edit was made December 16, 2011.
The site had some long, interesting pages but was mostly a collection of in-jokes and obscure, scattered minutia.
Some Highlights, and Lowerlights
- Content pages: 964
- Pages (All pages in the wiki, including talk pages, redirects, etc.): 1,977
- Uploaded files: 0
- Page edits since Fandom wank wiki was set up: 19,073
- Average edits per page: 9.65
- Job queue length: 0
- Registered users: 3,431 
- Users who have performed an action in the last 91 days: 21
- Bots (list of members): 0
- Administrators (list of members:) 4
- Bureaucrats (list of members): 1
- Views total: 9,499,184
- Views per edit: 498.04
Most viewed pages:
- Main Page: 448,481
- Famous Wanks: 63,910
- Snapes on an Astral Plane: 56,894
- The Ms. Scribe Story: 54,770
- Wank: 52,402
- Usagi Kou: 49,458
- FPB: 41,851
- CrystalWank: 40,899
- Famous Wankers: 38,975
- BNF: 35,444
- The ModSquad (hugsnkisses, sepiamagpie, phosfate, panthea, wankprophet, sorchar, snacky, apoplexia, eljuno, backfromspace)
- Official FW Males ("Just because Fandom Wank is a Hive Vagina doesn't mean all 4000+ members are of the female persuasion... ")
The Land Before Wank Pre-2002
- And on the Eighth Day, God created Fandom and he looketh upon it and he smileth and say "yea, [this is good]". And there were message boards and fanlistings and 'zines. God said, "Behold, I have given you pretty boys with useful interlockingeth organs and the power to fashion flashing icons in your own image, so you will not be bored." And Fandom was content.
- On the Ninth Day, God cast Satan out of Paradise where he went to crawl upon his belly and create his own playground: Fandom Wank. And Fandom was no more at peace.
2002 October 16
- The birth of the illustrious community. Fandom Wank is created on journaling system LiveJournal.
- Fandom recoils.
2003 January 14
- Fandom Wank is TOSed from LiveJournal for no discernable reason. No valid response is ever given. See TOSsers for assorted reactions.
- Wanktastic is created and survives 16 hours before it is also TOSed. ideology wank and revenge of wank barely last a few hours.
- A Yahoo Group is created.
- LJ Abuse suspends Fandom Wank founder Dara for telling Brad (Fitzpatrick, creator of Livejournal) to "chug cock".
- Versaphile creates Fandom Wank on Blurty and codes the current rainbow layout along with Mortari.
- First "FW is starting to suck" growing pains result in her creating some preliminary rules, too.
- Mortari quits the ModSquad in a rain of wank.
- Stormfreak banned from JournalFen for abuse of servers.
2004 Some time
- "FW getting suckier" discontent rises and eventually boils over in the creation of Noob and Old Timer/Cool
- Kid communities.
- CrystalWank—The post that launched thirteen thousand comments.
- Fandom Wank is deleted by the moderators.
- Fandom Wank is undeleted by the admins.
- Phoenix is banned from FW, then suspended from JF, due to "hilarious" asshattery.
- FW community is put on post moderation.
- Four new mods (Phosfate, Wankprophet, Sepiamagpie and Panthea) are added to the The ModSquad as a result of a general poll.
- Thorn star is banned from FW for the first time.
- Thorn_star is unbanned from FW.
2005 Around May 13
- Thorn_Star banned for trolling, by popular request. Sparked by his trollish comment-disabled "PSA" about anon comments being turned off.
- Fandom Love and its aftermath
- FW Cool Kid elfy suspended from JournalFen for insulting the owner, then reinstated.
- Wankicane Katrina
- BJR Teaches Us How To Outwalk A Hurricane
- Blackjackrocket banned from Fandom Wank.
- "Controversial" trollish community Cosplayfucks banned from JournalFen due to overwhelmingly underaged memberlist.
At some point
- World Wide Web War I causes F_W to go "Loll".
- Eljuno joins the Modsquad.
- The Ms. Scribe Story is posted on Bad Penny. Journalfen population expands.
- The first International Boobie Day is celebrated at Fandom Wank Icons.
- Lexicongate begins.
- Fandom migration claims a victim: GreatestJournal. Fandom decides InsaneJournal will be more robust.
- Lexicongate continues.
- Anonymous declares war upon the Church of Scientology.
Lexicongate continues. February–April
- Lexicongate continues.
- Lexicongate ends. Oh wait, it's not quite dead yet.
- Lexicongate ends... maybe.
- Scans daily gets TOSsed.
- Fandom Wank deletes world. People complain.
- World reinstated. People complain.
- All but about 600 were spammers.