Articles in this category can use Template:CommentaryAcademic.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Academic Commentary by Year (30 C)
- ► Merlin Academic Commentary (1 P)
Pages in category "Academic Commentaries"
The following 98 pages are in this category, out of 98 total.
- A brief review of fan studies in Brazil
- Adolescents and Online Fan Fiction
- Alternate Universes In Fan Fiction (essay)
- An Auteur in the Age of the Internet: JMS, Babylon 5, and the Net
- Armed in ARMY: A Case Study of How BTS Fans Successfully Collaborated to
- Aujourd'hui, la fanfiction: nouveau mode d'expression littéraire, réinterprétation et exploration d'une sexualité alternative
- The Ballad of the Internet Nutball: Chaining Rhetorical Visions from the Margins of the Margins to the Mainstream in the Xenaverse
- Between text, paratext, and context: Queerbaiting and the contemporary media landscape
- "But this is my story and this is how I wanted to write it": Author's notes as a fannish claim to power in fan fiction writing
- "Come together": a fanvid insight on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and fandom
- Community, Soul-Searching, and Pleasure: The Significance of Real Person Fanfiction in BTS Fandom
- Confronting ''Enterprise'' Slash Fan Fiction
- Copyright 101: A Brief Introduction to Copyright for Fan Fiction Authors
- Creating a Pocket Universe: "Shippers," Fan Fiction, and "The X-Files" Online
- "Crotch shot! Rewind!!" or The Patriarchal Professionals and the Female Factor
- Culture of the Future: Adapting Copyright Law to Accommodate Fan-Made Derivative Works in the Twenty-First Century
- Cyberspaces of Their Own: Female Fandoms Online
- Decoding Desire: From Kirk and Spock to K/S
- Decolonising Fan Studies: A Bibliography-In-Progress
- Dimensional expansions and shiftings: fan fiction and transmedia storytelling the Fringeverse
- Dracula Meets The New Woman
- Drarry, Snarry and Snape: The Queerest of the Queer - Heteronormativity and Queer Theory in Harry Potter Slash Fan Fiction
- Effect of Commercialisation and Direct Intervention by the Owners of Intellectual Copyright : A Case Study: The Australian Star Trek Fan Community
- Enterprising Women: Television Fandom and the Creation of Popular Myth
- Estrogen Brigades and "Big Tits" Threads: Media fandom on-line and off
- Exploiting Fandom
- Fan Cultures (2002 book)
- Fan Fiction and Fan Communities in the Age of the Internet
- Fan Fiction and the Internet
- The Fan Fiction Phenomena: What Faust, Hamlet, and Xena the Warrior Princess have in common.
- Fan Fiction, Fandom, and Fanfare: What's All the Fuss?
- Fan Studies Network Statement on FSN2019 and the Whiteness of Fan Studies
- Fan work: Labor, worth, and participation in fandom's gift economy
- Fandom then/now: an ongoing and participatory research project.
- Fanfic is Good for Two Things - Greasing Engines and Killing Brain Cells
- Fanfiction: A New Form Of Internet Literature
- Fic: Why Fanfiction Is Taking Over the World
- Filling in the Gaps: Fans and Fan Fiction on the Internet
- Friction over Fan Fiction: Is this Burgeoning Art Form Legal?
- From Slash to the Mainstream: Female Writers and Gender Blending Men
- The Harry Potter Lexicon and the World of Fandom: Fan Fiction, Outsider Works, and Copyright
- “He wanted nothing more than to pull the bastard back against him and to shag him right then and there: Homoseksuaalisuuden representaatiot Harry Potter-fanifiktiossa
- The Hidden Authors: A Study and Survey of Fan Fiction Writers
- How to Watch a Fan-Vid
- Of Mounties and Gay Marriage: Canadian Television, American Fans, and the Virtual Heterotopia
- "One index finger on the mouse scroll bar and the other on my clit": slash writers' views on pornography, censorship, feminism and risk
- Organization for Transformative Works submits comments on remix to PTO/NTIA
- Os leitores-autores de fanfictions na internet
- Remixing the Remix: Fannish Appropriation and the Limits of Unauthorised Use
- Rewriting Society's Future: Women, Star Trek and Slash Writing
- Rogue Archives: Digital Cultural Memory and Media Fandom
- The Romantic Myth and Transcendence: A Feminist Interpretation of the Kirk/Spock Bond
- Romantic Myth, Transcendence, and Star Trek Zines
- Silly little girls: Slash Fanfiction and Female Sexuality
- Slash Fandom on the Internet, Or, Is the Carnival Over?
- Slash fiction and human mating psychology
- Slashing the Borg: Resistance is Fertile
- Slayage: The Journal of Whedon Studies
- Submissives, Nekos and Futanaris: a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the Glee Kink Meme
- Textual Extenders: An Exploratory Survey into a Slash Community
- Textual Poachers: Television Fans and Participatory Culture
- The Darker Side of Slash Fan Fiction
- The Fan Fiction Studies Reader
- The Fan Fiction Universe: Some Statistical Comparisons
- The Final Frontier: An Ethnography of STAR TREK Fandom
- "The Truth We Both Know": Readerly Desire and Heteronarrative in "The X-Files"
- "theyre all trans sharon": Authoring Gender in Video Game Fan Fiction
- Too Good to be True: 150 Years of Mary Sue
- Transformative Works and Cultures
- You Can’t Just "Fix-It": Reclaiming Game Narratives in Fan Fiction
- "You gave me no choice": A queer reading of Mordred’s journey to villainy and struggle for identity in BBC’s Merlin
- Young, Female, Single…? A Study of Demographics and Writing-/Reading-Habits of Fanfiction Writers and Readers
- "Your Sister in St. Scully": An Electronic Community of Female Fans of The X-Files