< AnakinJump to navigation Jump to search
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
They are commonly disparaged for having a lack of chemistry.
Anakin and Obi-Wan have more chemistry together than Anakin and Padme, and Obi-Wan and Padme likewise. And this is not terribly surprising, because Ewan McGregor is a seasoned actor [...] Obviously, actors are people and they feed off each other as much as anything else. Doubly so when [...] there isn't actually much of a set to get them feeling in-character. I mean, they made some beautiful miniatures for the Star Wars prequels, but none of the characters get to act in them. All they have are blue screens! But Ewan McGregor don't care, Ewan McGregor's seen it all before. Whereas Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman are teenagers, and nowhere is that more painfully obvious than in Attack of the Clones. Because a bad performance — or worse, a falling-out with a very powerful director — could sink their careers entirely at this point. And so they very naturally do what they're told. Now that's not to say that Hayden Christensen didn't try to get George Lucas to change some of his dialogue to be more... like the real people talk. But no: apparently that was not on the cards. So while Harrison Ford used to say, "You can write this stuff, George, but you can't say it," these poor sods are trying to declare their love with all of the words and very little in the way of action. And they are doing their best, but their best is by necessity super-duper serious and intense, and... they just don't really have a lot of chemistry.
Jill Bearup, video essay "Why Han/Leia Works But Anakin/Padme Doesn't"
Common Tropes in Fanworks
- Fix-it/Padme Lives is a trope that appears in many fics set after the final installment of the prequel trilogy. Some of these fix-its employ time travel. There are also less complicated canon divergent works and Mustafar AUs. In some of these works, Anakin is victorious in his fight with Obi-Wan and captures or convinces Padme to come with him. In other works, Anakin's force visions are more accurate allowing him to make better decisions.
- Emperor and/or Empress Vader works can be dark fics or happy endings. Often it is Anakin who kills the former Emperor. When Anakin assumes the throne, Padme is sometimes his unwilling consort. In other works, it is Padme who rules as Empress Vader or Empress Amidala, with Anakin as her Imperial Consort. These works sometimes overlap with Dark!Padme fics. In other works, they rule side by side with Padme compromising to stay by her husband's side.
- Polyamory: Anakin/Amidala/Obi-Wan fics, pairing Anakin and Amidala with Obi Wan Kenobi.
- Anidala Week – Day 1 – Stars by shorelle
- “All things die, Anakin Skywalker. Even stars burn out…” by matereya
- Love this couple so much by vspr-el
- Romeo and Juliet by hongbiubiu
- if i’d left with her by theresa-draws
- happy star wars day!!! by Johanna the Mad
- Fanart by lornamoose
- Forces of Destiny Gifset by ladytano
- anidala week 2018 - day two: historical AU gifset by estrangedlestrange
Comparison between Anidala and Reylo