The Warrior's Heart (Star Wars TPM series)
|Title:||The Warrior's Heart|
|Date(s):||19 July 1999 - 11 July 2001|
|Fandom:||Star Wars: The Phantom Menace|
|External Links:||located at AO3; (The Warrior's Heart (The Warrior's Heart website archived)|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
The stories were posted to the Master & Apprentice mailing list and archived at the Master & Apprentice archive. The order of the stories changed several times as they were written out of order and the series originally didn't have a title. When Ecstasies was posted, the author was still looking for a title, when Give and Take was posted a month later, the series was officially called The Warrior's Heart. The title was a suggestion by Devo.
- Rightful Owner - Qui-Gon and his apprentice go undercover to investigate slave trading in the Outer Rim Territories. Their roles fit them both a little too well. R - 64 k - 22-Aug-1999
- Crime and Punishment - Prequel to "Master & Apprentice" and an expansion of a briefly described scene in it. NC-17 - 75 k - 19-Jul-1999
- Ecstasies - Qui-Gon learns to receive and not just take. Author's notes: "This is now officially a series, though with no formal title to it (suggestions welcome). Since I'm not keen on serials, I promise to keep the stories complete in themselves, sans cliffhangers. If you want to read them in story order, as opposed to the order I wrote them in, "Rightful Owner" comes first (no pun intended); then "Crime and Punishment"; "Ecstasies"; "The Anger Exercises"; "The Geometry of Desire"; "But For Grace"; "Nomenclature"; then "Master & Apprentice." Qui-Gon's failed apprentice, Xanatos, from the YA Jedi Apprentice series is mentioned here." NC-17 - 32 k - 31-Aug-1999
- The Anger Exercises - Obi-Wan takes his punishment like a Jedi--up to a point. NC-17 - 58 k - 26-Jul-1999
- The Geometry of Desire - Qui-Gon wonders what the heck hit him. PG - 18 k - 10-Aug-1999
- But For Grace - REPOST. Qui-Gon's & Obi-Wan's relationship sets a bad example at the Temple. NC-17 - 88 k - 6-Oct-1999
- Give and Take - Our Boyz wake in the Temple gardens with very different takes on how they spent the night. NC-17 - 22 k - 24-Sep-1999 Author's notes: "This is now officially a series called "The Warrior's Heart" (thanks to Devo for the title). Since I'm not keen on serials, I promise to keep the stories complete in themselves, sans cliffhangers. If you want to read them in story order, as opposed to the order I wrote them in, "Rightful Owner" comes first (no pun intended); then "Crime and Punishment"; "Ecstasies"; "The Anger Exercises"; "The Geometry of Desire"; "But For Grace"; "Give and Take"; "Nomenclature"; then "Master & Apprentice." Bruck Chun, a character from the YA Jedi Apprentice series (great stuff!) is mentioned here."
- Meditations - Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan contemplate a sudden change in their relationship. NC-17 - 34 k - 23-Nov-1999 Author's notes:
Story # 9 in the Warrior's Heart series. Since I'm not keen on serials, I promise to keep the stories complete in themselves, sans cliffhangers. If you want to read them in story order, as opposed to the order I wrote them in, here it is:
- 1. Rightful Owner
- 2. Crime and Punishment
- 3. Ecstasies
- 4. The Anger Exercises
- 5. The Geometry of Desire
- 6. Close Shave*
- 7. But for Grace
- 8. Give and Take
- 9. Meditations
- 10. Master & Apprentice**
- 11. Nomenclature
- 12. A Simple Twist of Fate (Not a Songfic)*
- 13. The Fear Exercises*
- I. Ghosts and Possessions
- II. Solitaire
- III. Exorcism
- IV. The Padawan Teaches the Master
- 14. Epilogue: Emancipation
*Not yet posted. Patience, Padawans.**Note change of story order.
- Nomenclature - Obi-Wan contemplates the meaning of the word "master. NC-17 - 16 k - 21-Aug-1999
- Master and Apprentice - REVISED. Angst, POV, a little very mild S&M. NC-17 - 56 k - 22-Nov-1999
- A Simple Twist of Fate (Not a Songfic) - Naboo. A little swashbuckling gone horribly wrong. Heroism. Consequences. PG-13 - 55 k - 02-Jan-2001
- The Fear Exercises - Qui-Gon gets a little too possessive and sets out to teach himself and his padawan a lesson. NC-17 - 366 k - 18-Jul-2000
- Emancipation - After five years of waiting to do It right, the Boyz get their chance when Obi-Wan is finally knighted. Or do they? Obi-Wan's knighted, Bruck's slighted. Somebody else picks up the slack. NC-17 - 205 k - 11-Jul-2001
Recs and Reviews
Untitled Series by WriteStuff - The stories in this series will knock your socks off. WriteStuff has captured a relationship between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan which is in flux, as they find their way with each other. It ranges from urgent tenderness to a slightly dark power struggle for dominance. The quality and grace of the writing is wonderful. I've read the series several times, for inspiration and just because the stories are irresistable. Highly recommended. The stories, in order, are: Rightful Owner"; "Crime and Punishment"; "Ecstasies"; "The Anger Exercises"; "The Geometry of Desire"; "But For Grace"; "Nomenclature"; and "Master & Apprentice." ("Ecstasies" and "But For Grace" are my faves.) 
I was going to wait until it's finished, but it's already a strong series, even though written a bit out of order (and I fear it shows). Writestuff's got some interesting things to say about power and relationships and hero worship and self esteem. This unnamed series starts with Rightful Owner and ends with Master and Apprentice, but there are a number of important stories in the middle you won't want to miss. The easiest way to find them is probably search for Writestuff's name on Valdemar.
This incredible series has followed our heroes from their pre-slash relationship as Master-Senior Padawan, through their first time as lovers when Obi-Wan is still an apprentice, through all of the different flavors of their sexual appetites, through Obi-Wan's Knighting and beyond. Each stage of their professional relationship is mirrored in their lovemaking.
During it all, they are Jedi first, as Master Jinn insists, and both grow together in their vocation and as men. WriteStuff shows us their love and respect for each other, and you can feel them resonating throughout the stories.
Her descriptions of their loveplay are phenomenal. My favorites in this regard:
- Birthday Suite
- Master Class
- A Glimpse of Paradise
The Warrior's Heart Series (WriteStuff) - A series on the evolution of a relationship, and how rank and respect figure. The entire thing is just excellent!. (NC-17) 
Writestuff's Warrior Hearts series, listed in order bellow. (Also: Obi/Bruck Chun, Rating: NC-17)
God this was a long, drawn out, suck-you-in-and-never-let-you-go epic. Writestuff has a beautiful style and a griping tale to tell. Above is the final order of the fics, so don't pay attention to the order on earlier chapters she has posted, because it changes. Yes, I did find that out the hard way. *still grumbling about reading "Silk" 5 parts too early* It's a fabulous story and you should at least read a few bits of it. Rightful Owner and Silk are my favorites, as well as "Master and Apprentice" and "Anger Exercises." and, well, the entire series. ^___^
- "Rightful Owner"
- "Crime and Punishment"
- "The Anger Exercises"
- "The Geometry of Desire"
- "But For Grace"
- "Give and Take"
- "Master & Apprentice"
- "The Fear Exercises"
- "Willing Vessels"
- "An Accident Waiting"
- "Bruck's Turn" (Fic by Pamela)
- "Cold Feet"
- "The Sweet Science of Bruising"
- "From a High Place"
- "Birthday Suite"
- "Being Obi-Wan" (Fic by Master Ruth)
- "A Simple Twist of Fate (Not a Songfic)"
- Destina. Worlds Without Boundaries: Star Wars Fiction Recommendations, updated June 13, 2002. (Accessed 11 April 2015)
- Sandy Herrold. All Jewels Have Flaws: Older recs: 1999 and before, 30 September 1999. (Accessed 24 April 2015)
- Merry Amelie in quiobisupport. Fic rec: Warrior's Heart series Q/O (NC-17) , 12 September 2014. (Accessed 27 April 2015)
- TPod's Wings. Recommendations, via Wayback: 23 April 2001. (Accessed 22 December 2015)
- isolabela in: homology_cubed. Happy Birthday, Homology!, 02 January 2006. (Accessed 28 December 2015)