The Communicator (Star Trek US newsletter 7)
|Publisher:||S.T.A.R. **Utah out of Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Editor(s):||Carol Andrus and Julia Howarth|
|Fandom:||Star Trek: TOS|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
"The Communicator" is published monthly for the Utah division of the Star Trek Association for Revival by Poogle Publications."
The Communicator V.3. N.2 was published in March 1975 and contains 24 pages. "This issue of THE COMMUNICATOR is hereby dedicated to Star Trek Archives of San Francisco."
- contributors include Carol Andrus, Julia Howarth, Michael Scott, Beverly Jones, Bruce Thatch, James Doohan, Kevin Riley, Margaret Baily, John and Bjo Trimble
- an editorial
- news on science fiction televisions shows and upcoming movies, includes clippings
- Battle Stations by Michael Scott, article about Star Trek wargames
- extensive carpool fans for club members to go to EquiCon '75/FilmCon #3
- a report of the Fourth S.T.A.R. Statewide Meeting held in the Salt Lake City Public Library Lecture Hall (began at 1 pm "with a slide show accompanied by the record "The Ballad of Star Trek" (title?) It was pretty funny and was repeated after the intermission for those who came in late."
- con reports for The Red Hour Festival
- Tribble Tracks (Star Trek news)
inside v.3 n.2, con report for The Red Hour Festival, one which illustrates how difficult it is to read the newsletter itself, much less with the constraints of this wiki
Reactions and Reviews: V.3 N.2
The Communicator is the newsletter of STAR**Utah, but it definitely of interest to any ST fan for news and articles. I didn't know that AMT was putting out a model of the Romulan ship this month or the Enterprise bride in June -- and that's about all the news I'll take from them (well ---) as I think it would be better if you subscribe to it yourself. (Besides, you'd get the news a lot faster, as it's published monthly.) And of course, they need art & other submissions, too. 
- from The Clipper Trade Ship #6