|Location:||New York, Brakebills University|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Quentin is lifelong fan of the Fillory and Further series. He discovers that they are in fact based in truth and pose a danger to his world. He enrolls at Brakebills University for Magical Pedagogy to be trained as a magician.
After his graduation from Brakebills, Penny brings him evidence of travel between worlds and he travels to Fillory. He returns to Earth, then returns to Fillory to become King of Fillory He is ejected from Fillory and returns mutliple times.
He was killed off in the season 4 finale.
His death sparked immediate controversy. Fans objected to the show killing off a character who has struggled with mental illness, and to killing of a queer character, contributing to the Bury Your Gays trope.
- Quentin Coldwater/Eliot Waugh, is the most popular pairing for the character and the dominant pairing in this fandom.
- Quentin Coldwater/Alice Quinn
- Quentin Coldwater/Margo Hanson/Eliot Waugh
- Bisexuality:The Musical by greywash (Feb 24th, 2019), a reflexion and call to action about the canon and fandom's attitudes to Quentin as a bisexual man.
- the magicians - god this show by seperis (March 16, 2019), about the foreshadowing->addressing pattern visible in Quentin's sexual identity and mental health issues.
- Fillory Rules by frankie_31: an AU where Quentin grew up feral in Fillory. (Quentin/Eliot, rated Teen.)
- Five Conversations Not With You by Page161of180: Set in season 4, 5 conversations Quentin has about his path to save Eliot (or not). (Quentin/Eliot, not rated.)
- an ever-fixèd mark by greywash: a season 4 Quentin/Monster!Eliot story (Explicit.)
- All Seems So Simple by achray: a series of conversation Quentin has had over the years about his bisexuality. (Quentin/OMC, Quentin/Eliot, Explicit). Part of the BISEXUALITY:THE MUSICAL collection ([https://archiveofourown.org/collections/bisexuality_the_musical)