|Type:||moderator, fan writer, convention organizer, essayist|
|Communities:||HPforGrownups, HP Education Fanon, Harry Potter Lexicon, ParadigmOfUncertainty|
|URL:||genealogygirl at LiveJournal|
Penny and Carole at FictionAlley
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Penny Linsenmayer is a Harry Potter fan who was primarily active in the early 2000s.
She was a past board member for HP Education Fanon, Inc. and one of the organizers of Nimbus 2003, at which she moderated the panel "The Geography of Harry Potter" with Steve Vander Ark. She was also on the staff of the Harry Potter Lexicon, where she "handled email and project management" starting in 2004.
Penny's LiveJournal profile states:
I decided maybe I should add a little information here so that people I friend will have some idea who I am (especially from the HP fandom). I joined the fandom in January 2000 and somehow got snagged into being the "List Mom" of HPfGU (HPforGrownups). I was sole List Mom for most of 2000 and then gradually added a team of moderators. I left the HPfGU Mod Team in early 2003. I'm involved with HP Education Fanon, Inc., the 501(c)(3) non-profit that brought us Nimbus - 2003, TWH and is planning Lumos at the moment. I work on the Harry Potter Lexicon staff (handling incoming emails). I've been shipping H/H since around the time I read Lori's first chapters of PoU back in early 2000. I co-authored "A Sirius Affair," but haven't had time for fanfic since then (getting back into more now). I wrote a long-ish essay on Harry and Hermione in OoP that is housed, among other places, at the Harry Potter Lexicon.
- A Sirius Affair, a prequel to Lori Summers's The Paradigm of Uncertainty featuring Sirius Black and an OFC; written with Carole Estes
- When Harry Met Hermione, written with Carole Estes (mid-2000)
- Partners and Friends: The Evolving Relationship Between Harry and Hermione, a Harry/Hermione meta essay (19 October 2003)
In the Press
- Salon.com, "Harry Potter hanky-panky" by Kera Bolonik, published January 12, 2001 - Penny was quoted regarding HPforGrownups's discussion of the "wand order error" in Goblet of File.
- New York Daily News, follow-up to the Salon.com article (title unknown), published January 16, 2001 - Penny was interviewed about the wand order issue.
- New York Times, "Potter for Adults", part of the November 22, 2001 "Online Diary" by Pamela Licalzi O'Connell - Penny is mentioned as administrator of HPfGU.
- HP Education Fanon, Inc.'s Wordpress site, About | HPEF, accessed 20 August 2016.
- Harry Potter Lexicon, About the Lexicon, accessed 20 August 2016.
- genealogygirl - Profile at LiveJournal, accessed 20 August 2016.
- Linked at The Leaky Cauldron, Salon prints some Letters to, posted by bkdelongTLC on 18 January 2001. Penny Linsenmayer also discussed the article at HPforGrownups: Wand Order Publicity; Obsession Quiz (Message #9496), posted 17 January 2001; and Link to Daily News Article on Wand Order Problem (Message #9695), posted 19 January 2001. (Messages are restricted to list members, but membership is unmoderated.)