|Location:||multiple locations (Chicago, Washington DC)|
|Organization:||wickedtrue, vivien529, silveraspen, innerbrat|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Millicon is a fan run convention that was held in multiple locations in the US. The first few years had more the flavor of a relaxacon. Attendees came from the Milliways Bar, a multi-fandom RPG group on LJ and Dreamwidth, and is based on fan created RPG characters relaxing at the Milliways Bar and Restaurant 'at the end of the universe' from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
Held in Richmond, VA the weekend of October 14, 2004 with an overnight trip to Washington DC.
July 12-16, 2006 in Washington D.C. Approximately 73 fans expressed interest in the convention during a pre-con poll.
Thursday, July 13: Millicon, Day One
- 12 noon: Conference Room opens. This is for people to gather, mix, and mingle. Informal/unofficial. Costume/'con attire is both invited and welcomed, although there is no competition at this time.
- 3:00 - 6:00 pm: Millicon Registration. Every 'con attendee must check in at some point to receive information packets, goodie bags, 'con badges, and sign up for group event schedules if needed. If you are not able to register during this time, please see one of your Millicon Planning Directors as soon as you arrive -- we will have your stuff!
- 3:00 - 6:00 pm: Art with Ingress and Sunny! After you register, spend some time getting to know your fellow 'con attendees through the aid of Milliways' irrepressible glitter kids, who will be happy to help you help them in the construction of Gweat Awt, among other things.
- 6:00 pm: Registration closes. If you were not able to register during this time, please see one of your Millicon Planning Directors as soon as you arrive -- we will have your stuff!
- 6:00 - 7:00 pm: Dinner. On your own or with any of the people you've just met. :)
- 7:00 - 10:00 pm: Milliways Trivia! In the conference room, where Quizmasters Gareth and Bing will be presiding. Come join your team and test your Milliknowledge! Prizes will be awarded.
- 10:00 pm - whenever: Milliways After Hours. The conference room closes at ten, but we know you're not likely to sleep yet. Neither are we. Small group informal freestyle gatherings as warranted. Remember to respect those who are sleeping, though!
Friday, July 14: Millicon, Day Two
- 8:00 am: Conference room opens. The room will be available all day for people to be in and out, and will be the central gathering place for all group events-- it's a great meeting place for smaller groups, as well.
- 10:00 am: Museums open. Sightseeing Day. Washington D.C. has a vast array of cultural opportunity, and even better -- it's all free. Interest has been expressed in visiting the Natural History Museum, the National Zoo, the American History Museum (there's a Muppet exhibit), and the Air and Space Museum, all of which are within reasonable transportation distance. Maps and more information will be available for all at the con, and there are people who can help organize smaller groups for interested parties.
- 5:30 pm: Natural History Museum closes. This is probably a good time to eat and make your way back to the hotel to get ready for the evening's events.
- 7:00 pm: Happy Hour Live: The Milliways LARP! In the conference room. Come attired and "IC" as one of your characters and meet others in the bar! Voting for Best Attire will be by secret ballot, and prizes will be awarded at the end of the evening.
- 10:00 pm - whenever: Milliways After Hours. As before, the conference room closes at ten, but we know you're not likely to sleep yet. Neither are we. Small group informal freestyle gatherings as warranted. Remember to respect those who are sleeping, though!
Saturday, July 15: Millicon, Day Three: Canon Sharing Day
- 8:00 am: Conference room opens. At this time, projection equipment will be set up for watching canons in movie-style format.
- 10:00 am: Museums open. As before, people are welcome to spend their day however they choose, including touring any of Washington's many wonderful sights. As an alternative, 'con attendees are welcome in the conference room to watch any of the many things that will be showing all day long and into the evening, based on interest/availability. Share your knowledge and appreciation of canon with others! For those who are still having fun with Con Attire, costumes are more than welcome during all canon-sharing events.
- (Dinnertime -- don't forget to eat!)
- approx 7:00 pm Canon sharing continues. Episodes of a variety of canons will continue to be aired.
- 10:00 pm - whenever: Milliways After Hours. As before, the conference room closes at ten, but we know you're STILL not likely to sleep yet. Neither are we. Small group informal freestyle gatherings as warranted. Remember to respect those who are sleeping, though!
Sunday, July 16: Millicon, Day Four
- NOTE: No conference room today. Meeting location for Sunday group gatherings will be announced at registration and during the 'con, as a reminder.
- Morning: Religious services at various locations for those who have expressed interest. National Cathedral is on the list, for those who want to combine with sightseeing.
- Mid-Afternoon Matinee, time TBA: Pirates! For those who are interested, a motley crew of pirate-attired (or 'normally' dressed, for those who prefer it) folk will be making their way to a nearby movie theater to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. More information available at registration.
- (Dinnertime -- again, don't forget to eat!)
- approx 7:00 pm: Evening Monument tour: Washington D.C. in July is very, very hot. The national monuments are well-lit and open in the evening, which makes the experience much more pleasant. Some are open 24 hours. Some are only open until midnight. Still, we have hours before midnight!
- 10:00 pm - whenever: Milliways After Hours. As before, the hotel requests quiet after ten, but we know you're STILL not likely to sleep yet. Neither are we, especially on the last night. Small group informal freestyle gatherings as warranted. Remember to respect those who are sleeping, though!
Monday, July 17: All Good Things Must Come To An End.
- People will be departing throughout the day. Farewell, everyone -- and see you online!
- was held in Chicago, July 19-22, 2007
- approximately 50 people registered interest in attending in the pre-con poll
- the schedule of events can be seen here
- There was a vid show. Vids shown:
- Whatever by Vidders: sisabet and sockkpuppett. Music: "My West Hollywood Lifestyle (Whatever)" by T-Ball and BJ. Fandom: Angel
- Doctor Who On Holiday. Vidder: sisabet. Music: "Doctor Who On Holiday"; mashup by Dean Gray, tracks by Green Day ("Holiday"), The Timelords ("Doctorin' the Tardis"), and Gary Glitter ("Rock and Roll Part Two"). Fandom: Multi -- Doctor Who, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica
- Fix You. Vidder: sdwolfpup. Music: "Fix You" by Coldplay. Fandom: Battlestar Galactica
- I Walk The Line. Vidder: tv_elf. Music: "I Walk The Line" by Johnny Cash. Fandom: PENGUINS!!
- Spiders (Kidsmoke). Vidder: agonistes. Music: "Spiders (Kidsmoke)" by Jeff Tweedy. Fandom: Doctor Who.
- Supernatural In The Park. Vidder: hay1ock. Music: South Park Megamix. Fandom: Supernatural
- New Frontier. Vidder: heresluck. Music: "New Frontier" by Benefits of Being Paranoid. Fandom: Firefly/Serenity.
- It's Akio's World (We Just Live In It). Vidder: WUNETTI Productions. Music: "Word Up" by Korn. Fandom: Revolutionary Girl Utena.
- Desert Rose. Vidder: phoenixchilde. Music: "Desert Rose" by Sting featuring Cheb Mami. Fandom: Heroes
- Déjà Vu. Vidder: f1renze. Music: "Déjà Vu" by something for kate. Fandom: Veronica Mars. ite: Kitze Productions.
- I Enjoy Being A Girl. Vidder: absolutedestiny. Music: "I Enjoy Being A Girl" by Sandra Allen. Fandom: Multi -- Alias, Veronica Mars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly
- Boulevard Of. Vidder: shati. Music: "Boulevard of Broken Songs"; mashup by Party Ben, tracks by Green Day ("Boulevard of Broken Dreams"), Oasis ("Wonderwall"), Travis ("Writing To Reach You"), Eminem ("Sing For The Moment"), and Aerosmith ("Dream On"). Fandom: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Us. Vidder: lim. Music: "Us" by Regina Spektor. Fandom: Multi upon multi.
In 2008, the four convention organizers stepped down and three new organizers offered to hold the convention July 18-21, 2008 in Washington DC. It is unclear if this event took place.