|Type:||fan writer, vidder, fansite owner, acafan|
|Fandoms:||Lord of the Rings, DC Comics, Supernatural, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Harry Potter, Bandom, others|
|Communities:||rosiesamfrodo.com, dombillijah.com, Girl-Wonder.org, Even Robins, One-Nine-Hundred|
http://muse.inkstigmata.net (fic site; defunct)
sharpest_rose at LiveJournal
monkeycrackmary at YouTube
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Mary Borsellino has been active as a fan and academic in several fandoms.
Lord of the Rings
In Lord of the Rings fandom, Mary is best known for Pretty Good Year and West of the Moon, a long and popular series of Frodo/Sam/Rosie stories that inspired shared universe fanworks by other authors and artists. Storytellers is an archive for fanworks inspired by the universe. The stories were also collected in a zine, published in 2003. Pretty Good Year was a finalist at the 2003 Mithril Awards in the category "Story focusing on Hobbits".
In 2006, Mary founded Girl-Wonder.org, an activism site protesting the treatment of female characters, created in response to a 2004 storyline involving the death by torture of a female character. She also founded the fansite Even Robins.
- Pretty Good Year and West of the Moon, Lord of the Rings, c. 2000-2003.
- Fantastic Beasts: A two-parchment essay for Care of Magical Creatures by SB, Harry Potter, 2004.
See Zines and Fanzines at Mary's website for more.
Fanzines of Mary's fanfiction include:
She has also contributed content to other zines:
- "Eleven ways not to start an autobiography", story from Lotripping (2004)
- "The Echo of Bells", story from Inside a Song (2004)
- "'Less Campy': Supernatural's attempted reassertion of a pre-Buffy status quo", essay from Some of Us Really Do Watch for the Plot (2007)
See Cultural Studies at Mary's website for more.