|Pairing:||Fox Mulder/Walter Skinner|
|Alternative name(s):||Mulder/Skinner, M/Sk|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Some fans report that their initial reaction to the paring was hesitant, but they were quickly won over:"I loved "Authority" -- definitely not as harsh as most of the s&m XF stories out there. Some nice, hot sex scenes, too. What I enjoyed about it was the progression of the character's reactions. Skinner's assertion of authority was more palatable to me because *we* know he doesn't intend to harm Mulder, but Mulder doesn't know that. And then the way Mulder starts liking it... I thought it was handled well, and I'd love to read more like this. Dare I hope for a sequel or 2 (or 3)?"
"I too found Xanthe through 24/7 and at first i found [the pairing] a little hard to accept. I was new to slash and certainly had never viewed Skinner as anybody but the AD. Hungry for slash, having just discovered it, i ploughed on and soon found myself looking at Skinner in an entirely new light. And a much more appealing Skinner it was!! Now i find that Skinner/Mulder is more natural than anything else, and they fit together so perfectly. When i watch the show now, mostly i am looking for all the subtext that i had never seen before, and i must admit to having a total crush on Mitch Pileggi, and follow him wherever he goes, which is Supernatural right now and a wee bit of SOA too."
This fan came to the pairing from another fandom:
I didn't start reading X-Files slash until I ran out of K/S, Spock/Chekov, and Picard/Q slash on the web. And then I decided that Mulder/Skinner was probably worth trying....and I was right. I started writing M/Sk slash shortly after I started reading it, and I think the first things I read on the XF side of things were the Denny's cycle and "Night Care"/"Day Care".
I still prefer Trekslash, frankly--there's a lot more culture there, and people don't get their knickers as twisted if you violate their pet slashfic conventions. Basically, all of the conventions have been violated so many times that you're almost disappointed if someone sticks with all of them. I've discovered that XF slashers are *much* less forgiving of violated memes.But Skinner is *way* hotter than anyone on Trek, so you couldn't chase me away from my XF slashiness. 
- A Routine Interrogation by Lyrica
- Chances (X-Files story), a very early Mulder/Skinner story by Alex Jones
- Consent (X-Files story) by Grey
- Yes, Mr. Skinner, there is a Virginia by rac
- A Beacon in the Night (archive)
- X-Files from the Imagination of your Twisted Sister - Mostly Mulder/Skinner slash from the Imagination of your Twisted Sister but also includes threesome stories that add Scully to the mix. Offers drabbles as well. (offline)
- Mulder/Skinner works at Down in the Basement.
- Mulder/Skinner Slash Society
- Walter Skinner's Journal - Mulder and Skinner - An alternate universe series written as a diary Skinner's Journal Mulder and Skinner
- Three Way Stop (link) - X-Files Fan Fic by frogdoggie, Blue Mohairbear and Mik.
- List of Mulder/Skinner Works on AO3
- mskslash - "Love Mulder/Skinner slash but hate having to wade through a multi-pairing mailing list? Then come here, to the all Mulder/Skinner list. This is a slash list, so only people that like slash need join." (founded April 1999)
- Part of a convention report posted to the Virgule-L mailing list in 1997, quoted anonymously with permission.
- FanHistory cites Rosalita's comment (defunct) in the fanthropology LJ community. Some of this information was repeated here in the slashphilosophy LJ ; reference link.
- post to the Virgule-L mailing list dated March 27, 1996 (quoted anonymously with permission).
- The Mulder/Skinner Thread! at Xanthe's forum on November 03, 2011.
- comment by Laura Jacquez Valentine at First Slash fanfic you ever read..., March 18, 1999