House of M
|See also:||List of Marvel Universes|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The limited series follows "Planet X" and "Avengers Disassembled" storylines. It had its own series, and several comic book tie-ins included - Excalibur, Uncanny X-Men, New X-Men: Academy X, Wolverine, Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, Mutopia X, and Spider-Man.
The mutant superhero Scarlet Witch suffered a mental breakdown and tried to alter the fabric of reality to recreate her lost children and create world peace. Scarlet Witch's father, Magneto and his family rule the world in the series.
The new world brought several different changes to Marvel Universe:
- Spider-Man is a celebrity married to Gwen Stacy, and they have a son, Richie; Uncle Ben is alive
- Cyclops and Emma Frost are married
- Doctor Strange is a psychologist
- Carol Danvers is Captain Marvel (America's most beloved superhero)
- Steve Rogers is an aged veteran
- Wolverine recalls all of his lost memories
A new character Layla Miller appears, with the ability to reawaken their true memories.
- "No more mutants."
The House of M has created some serious consequences in the Marvel Universe. It led to the Decimation of the mutant population - leaving only nearly 200 mutants left, which had been near millions before.
Significant Character Changes
- Disappearances of Charles Xavier, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver (they have all returned right now)
- Clint Barton has been revived.
- Shadow King returned to this reality
- Onslaught was reborn
- Vulcan, the third Summers brother, was revived.
- Illyana Rasputin was reborn.
- Peter Parker had to deal with grieving Gwen Stacy again along with his son, along with losing his Aunt May and Uncle Ben again
"I hated the entire House of M event but especially the Spider-Man mini-series. Not only was almost everyoneone (including Spider-Man) out of character and the series didn't even tie-in with the main event, but it gave rise to this stupid idea of "Peter's Greatest Desire is to Be Married to Gwen". No, it's that all the people he feels guilty over letting die (Uncle Ben, Capt. Stacy and Gwen) lived. Therefore history changes and he never gets to know Mary Jane. Hell, he wasn't even a hero full stop in that universe because Uncle Ben never died, he was not the same character we've known since Amazing Fantasy #15 so constructing an argument about what he was and wasn't like in House of M is meaningless...And besides when he remembered everything in the main event he immediately abandoned Gwen, felt guilty that MJ was more successful and set out to fix everything (i.e. get back to be married to MJ). Then he never mentioned it ever again and probably forgot when it was all over." Anonymous at Super Hero Confessions
- Lady Braddock House of M by CrimsonArtz
- House of M - Mystique by martinacecilia
- House of M Movie Poster by dahmernaima
- House of M by mytymark
- House of M by miraxterrik, an X-Men: Evolution styled HOM family portrait
- House of M fanworks tag at AO3
- House of M fanworks tag at Deviantart
- House of M tagged works at Tumblr
- House of M Event at Marvel.com
- House of M Universe at Marvel.com
- House of M at Marvel Database
- House of M at Wikipedia
- House of M at UXN