|Type:||OTW staffer, former OTW Board member (2011); reccer, beta reader, fan writer|
|Fandoms:||Jane Austen, Harry Potter, The X-Files, Naruto, Hikaru no Go, Monster, Iron Man, The Breakfast Club, etc.|
|Communities:||Organization for Transformative Works|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Hele Braunstein is a Organization for Transformative Works staffer, and was a member of the OTW Board of Directors in 2011.
Hele stood as a candidate in the Board's 2010 election, but was not elected. However, they were appointed in December 2010 to fill the additional vacancy left when Elizabeth Yalkut resigned their seat on the Board. Hele was to serve a two-year term, the remainder of Yalkut's three-year appointment. Hele resigned at the end of the 2011 term.[note 1]
Hele began volunteering at the OTW in 2008, as a tester and Spanish translator. They later joined the Translation committee and became chair of the Spanish translation team. They were the chair of the Translation committee for 2011, and from August to December 2013, and co-chair with Priscilla del Cima in 2014 and 2015. In May 2014, hele and Priscilla both joined the AO3 Documentation Workgroup as additional workgroup leads alongside Matty Bowers, and managed the group after Matty stepped down in August 2014. Both stayed to become co-chairs of the AO3 Documentation Committee (Docs) when it transitioned into a full committee in June 2015.
Hele held the position of Docs co-chair until August 2016, before stepping down to focus on their role as a Support Committee staffer. Hele was also involved in founding the OTW International Outreach (now Internationalization & Outreach) committee.
Hele Braunstein is a student at the Universidad de Buenos Aires, where she studies biological sciences and has worked in environmental research. A latinoamerican, Spanish-as-mother-tongue fan, Braunstein is active in diverse online platforms and fannish cultures. An advocate for international and panfandom accessibility, her focus is on non-English-speaking fans and those who use English as a fannish lingua franca. She has mentored fellow fans on basic writing skills and has served as part of a website moderating team. Braunstein volunteers in various capacities with Perfect Imagination, the Jane Austen Fanfiction Index, and the Regency Encyclopedia. Her fannish tastes are broad, and currently — and non-exclusively — include Jane Austen, Harry Potter, X-Files, Naruto, Hikaru no Go, Monster, Iron Man, and The Breakfast Club fandoms.
- ^ "I'm stepping down one term early of my appointed two years because managerial work got to be too much, especially on these complicated times for the org, and I have Stuff to do in my life that can't be avoided and is not compatible to being so focused on the org as a board post necessitates." on a personal note, posted 13 November 2011. (Accessed 05 March 2014.)
- ^ News from Term Break - 2011 OTW Board and Committee Chairs at the OTW blog. 31 December 2010. (Accessed 05 March 2014.)
- ^ OTW 2011 Board Candidates and Election News at the OTW blog. 22 September 2011. (Accessed 05 March 2014.)
- ^ August 2013 Newsletter, Volume 72 at AO3 News. 03 September 2013. (Accessed 05 March 2014.)
- ^ OTW Election Candidates - 2010. (Accessed 05 March 2014.)
- ^ Emerita Board Members. Organization for Transformative Works website. (Accessed 05 March 2014.)