Organization for Transformative Works/Support
|Name:||Support Committee of the Organization for Transformative Works (OTW)|
|Country based in:||USA; international volunteers|
|Focus:||Assisting users of the AO3 with problems and queries. First line of contact with the people working on the archive.|
|External Links:||Archive Of Our Own, transformativeworks.org, AO3_Status, ao3org, Support & Feedback form on the AO3, Archive Support form on the OTW Blog|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The OTW website describes its role:
The Support Team are responsible for responding to user questions and problems on the Archive of Our Own. Support will respond to queries filed through the support form on the Archive, and liaise with members of other teams to resolve bugs and provide users with accurate information. We need clear and effective communicators; no technical knowledge required. If you are interested in joining Archive Support, please let us know!
Support works closely with other OTW committees including Accessibility, Design & Technology, AO3 Documentation, Tag Wrangling, Policy & Abuse, Communications, Systems, Translation, Internationalization & Outreach, and Open Doors in the process of triaging tickets.
- 2009: Amy was support lead. During open beta, it was a sub-committee of AD&T, run mainly by volunteers
- 2010: Ira and Cal started as co-support leads, Cal to support transition, stepping down after a few months. Then Ira stepped down later in the year and leadership passed to Megan. Support became a separate committee, liaising with AD&T, with both volunteers and staff. Then volunteers were phased out and Support became staff-only.
- 2011: Matty was chair.
- 2012: Matty continued as chair.
- 2013: Sam J. was inducted as co-chair, with Support transitioning to a two-year chair term for continuity.
- 2014: Sam J. was chair.
Current chair: CJ Record and Nary
- Jira issue tracker logs AO3 bugs, enhancements, and features approved and ready for development
- Most of the tools Support uses are not open to the public. They include the support ticket tracker, the internal OTW wiki, chatrooms, and mailing lists.
Fanworks committed by and/or about Support work
- Supporting, the fandom way. by awils1
- Why Hubot will never be friends with Nobody by Mel (Amancham)
- What We Believe by Yshyn