Down to Earth (Starsky & Hutch filk zine)
|Title:||Down to Earth|
|Medium:||print, cassette tape|
|Subject:||Starsky and Hutch|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Down to Earth has the subtitle "Love Songs." It is a slash Starsky and Hutch filk zine by April Valentine. It is a collection of original songs, all related to Starsky and Hutch. It is digest-sized, is fifteen pages long and originally came with a cassette tape of April performing the music. Songbook illustrations were done by Carol Davis, Jean C., TACS and Lynna Bright.
The filk songbook was dedicated to Kendra Hunter.From the zine:
This songbook and tape represent a number of 'firsts' -- it's my first solo effort (for the last eight years I've performed with the filk group Omicron Ceti III), my first Starsky and Hutch publication and, to the best of my knowledge, the first collection of original songs inspired by Starsky and Hutch. They've been fun composing and recording. I hope you enjoy listening and singing along... These are love songs. They are one way of expressing the special feeling that exists between two men who we all agree care very much for each other. They lyrics are not in any way explicit, but they do acknowledge the premise  and the possibility of that love expressing itself physically. If you object to such a premise, perhaps these aren't songs you'll enjoy. However, if you believe... sing along.
- The Only Other Thing (1)
- Whisper My Name (4)
- Sweet Revenge (6)
- First Time (8)
- The Cost of Love (dedicated to Alexis Rogers and is a reference to The Cost of Love as it was published in Code 7 #2) (10)
- The Face in the Mirror (12)
- When I Look at You (13, 14)
- A Place to Hide (dedicated to L. Bright and is a reference to A Place to Hide as it was published in Who You Know, What You Know and How You Know It) (15)
- A phrase that was very familiar to Kirk/Spock fans.